Partnering to Generate Leads

jdlash

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I was thinking that maybe it would be a better idea to find another agent that would want to partner to generate leads in order to afford them. I mean, when we buy leads, they go out to 6-8 other agents and this way you could spend $8-10 each per lead and have $16-20 to generate that lead.

Any thoughts?

Leads shared twice sure would be nicer then shared 10!

I was thinking that maybe it would be a better idea to find another agent that would want to partner to generate leads in order to afford them. I mean, when we buy leads, they go out to 6-8 other agents and this way you could spend $8-10 each per lead and have $16-20 to generate that lead.

Any thoughts?

Leads shared twice sure would be nicer then shared 10!

So you want to buy "exclusive" leads with two people and split it because it is cheaper than the ones that they sell to ten agents?

If that is the case you are probably not buying true exclusive leads. It may be exclusive to the company that sold it to you but other agents are getting their hands on them.

Think about it. Why would a company sell a leads for ten bucks to ten agents and then sell an exclusive lead for fifteen bucks? It's not exclusive.

Changing directions. I'm going to try and hire a telemarketer to generate home leads and then cross sell those. Who has the best home renewal lists that can also scrub them for dnc?

There is no such thing as an "exclusive" lead even when it is not shared. I have self generated leads through my website for years. These leads still go to multiple websites other than my website and speak with way too many people at once. So even though I do not share one lead it would be silly for myself to think for one second the lead is "exclusive."

It can be done actually and my customers would attest. I did it for LTC for years and now with FE. After about 12k FE leads delivered I haven't had any complaints for something like that.

I know your site and it is a really great site but the main reason it happens to you is because you are so far down the page for most searches. It is definitely a great way to get cost effective leads but then you run that risk.

It can be done actually and my customers would attest. I did it for LTC for years and now with FE. After about 12k FE leads delivered I haven't had any complaints for something like that.

I know your site and it is a really great site but the main reason it happens to you is because you are so far down the page for most searches. It is definitely a great way to get cost effective leads but then you run that risk.

Lee, by definition PPC ads are at the top of the page. When I run PPC ads I generate LTC leads for about $25 per conversion which are exclusive to me. However, they are not exclusive leads because they are internet shoppers, tire kickers, and they fill out forms on multiple PPC sites plus they have local agents and financial planners. So, it would be misplaced confidence for an agent to think "oh, my leads are exclusive...life is easy now." It is still not that easy. Even when leads are sold exclusively, the lead will still fill multiple requests elsewhere. It is the nature of the beast.

I do agree that shared leads are a complete waste of time. But exclusive leads, while better, are not Glengarry Glen Ross leads.

Last edited:
I agree that no lead is exclusive. I used to generate hundreds of leads per month when my websites ranked on google. They still shopped other sites, but not all did and self generated leads close probably 4 times better then purchased leads.

Jack, do you do ppc on bing and google? I was doing great with bing back in Jan-Mar of this year, but I can't seem to get the conversions anymore. If I could get some consistency again, that would be the way I would go for sure.

Back