Paying Client's Insurance - Helping Them Out or Illegal..

I have been burned before & learned the lesson, but am still willing to help people albeit in a slightly different manner.

I say kudos to those with hearts big enough to take such a chance and help their fellow man while stepping out from behind the professional cover. You have to take chances to be in business especially this one, and that can be done in different ways. Things are too by the book these days!! That's why it's hard to get anything done!

Paying a cllient's premium for them - whether agency billed or direct billed - is rebating. It is also misdirection of funds if the agency is using other clients' premium-in-trust to pay that premium. The benefit to the agency is keeping the client. In the question above, the even worse problem is that the account was not reviewed regularly to be sure that the best coverage and price options were being offered to the client in the first place. Good workflows and management in any agency can avoid the need to pay a client's premiums for them and provide differentiating and meaningful work for clients who will want to stay with that agency because of the value the agency provides - without the agency having to break the law.

Yikes.

Paying a cllient's premium for them - whether agency billed or direct billed - is rebating. It is also misdirection of funds if the agency is using other clients' premium-in-trust to pay that premium. The benefit to the agency is keeping the client. In the question above, the even worse problem is that the account was not reviewed regularly to be sure that the best coverage and price options were being offered to the client in the first place. Good workflows and management in any agency can avoid the need to pay a client's premiums for them and provide differentiating and meaningful work for clients who will want to stay with that agency because of the value the agency provides - without the agency having to break the law.

^^Cruella Freaking Deville over here. I constantly take business from mega agency's with the most expensive automation & staffing overhead in the business. They're sitting on old stale massively expensive policies & let them ride so don't lecture me about not proactively lowering people's rates. Annual policy reviews & documentation that they were offered each year in our management systems is standard practice in today's day & age. Like seriously...shuuuuuuut up.

This is entirely untraceable & was a unique situation where I decided to help somebody in need. We should all be charitable in our own ways & this was mine. Misappropriation of funds my @$$. You clearly...CLEARLY...have no practical experience in the FIELD working with real policy holder's...binding policies and wielding calls every single day. How long have you been divorced?

^^Cruella Freaking Deville over here. I constantly take business from mega agency's with the most expensive automation & staffing overhead in the business. They're sitting on old stale massively expensive policies & let them ride so don't lecture me about not proactively lowering people's rates. Annual policy reviews & documentation that they were offered each year in our management systems is standard practice in today's day & age. Like seriously...shuuuuuuut up. This is entirely untraceable & was a unique situation where I decided to help somebody in need. We should all be charitable in our own ways & this was mine. Misappropriation of funds my @$$. You clearly...CLEARLY...have no practical experience in the FIELD working with real policy holder's...binding policies and wielding calls every single day. How long have you been divorced?

LOL insurance1822, I knew this whole a$$hole gig was just a facade, and somehow I could tell that you actually just might be a decent human being, though I doubt that you will admit it. I would do exactly what you did in that situation. These days you have to respect loyal customers, they are very hard to find.

Big Steve,

I'm not sure paying someone's premium precludes one from being an As__le. Ins1837.5 still has some proving to do to get out of that category.

HAHAHAHA!

Back