PDP appointment

Omg wow. So now she is emailing me, demanding me to explain every detail of the pdp plan. I’m dealing with a sick child and I’m about ready to tell her to take a hike...

Omg wow. So now she is emailing me, demanding me to explain every detail of the pdp plan. I’m dealing with a sick child and I’m about ready to tell her to take a hike...

Just say You are welcome to go ask your pharmacist or call medicare

The issue is you said you would help her and then called back to say you can’t. I mean I still wouldn’t if I were you but next time you know ahead of time to not drive for a pdp appt.

During AEP if I get a referral and I know it’s just gonna be pdp I let them know that checking on drugs plans is a service I offer for my Med supp clients.

The issue is you said you would help her and then called back to say you can’t. I mean I still wouldn’t if I were you but next time you know ahead of time to not drive for a pdp appt.

During AEP if I get a referral and I know it’s just gonna be pdp I let them know that checking on drugs plans is a service I offer for my Med supp clients.

Yup. I get that part of it. However, the appointment was made under the assumption that at least one of her parents needed help with their Medicare coverage. I was thinking maybe Mom only had A, B, and D. Only after the appointment was made did she send me all of their Medicare info. Once I reviewed it and her prescriptions, I advised the daughter that all Mom needed was a better prescription drug plan, and I found one for her.

If they are willing to drive to me I will write a PDP only. $39.00 for 20 minutes work isn't terrible. Like others have mentioned you will most likely get future business off of it one way or another.

Thanks Midlevel. I didn’t know what was made on these plans! Since I’m new and haven’t gotten paid on any of them yet and cannot get a straight answer from any carriers. Is it the same across the board no matter the carrier and the premium?

Last edited:
Thanks Midlevel. I didn’t know what was made on these plans! Since I’m new and haven’t gotten paid on any of them yet and cannot get a straight answer from any carriers. Is it the same across the board no matter the carrier and the premium?

Yup. Just make sure you put in your CRM that they are pdp client only. To make sure the next year you don’t drive to them. Coming to your office for $39 I would do as well.

$39 is for 2020 effective. It changes from year to year. I remember several years ago it was $48 for new to Medicare and $24 for renewals. now it’s $78 new to Medicare and $39 renew

Yup. Just make sure you put in your CRM that they are pdp client only. To make sure the next year you don’t drive to them. Coming to your office for $39 I would do as well.

$39 is for 2020 effective. It changes from year to year. I remember several years ago it was $48 for new to Medicare and $24 for renewals. now it’s $78 new to Medicare and $39 renew

Great, thanks Chazm! So what I heard about SilverScript paying more than others isn’t true?

PDPs pay the same amount from company to company. Some companies like express scripts or Cigna Healthspring choose not to pay brokers/agents. However, the amount is regulated by CMS.

Being new "shouldn't" be a reason not to know what your commissions are. Did your upline not send you commission schedules? That should be the norm. You shouldn't even have to ask them for the schedules, but if they didn't send them you should ask for them.

Back