PEKIN MEDSUP

margostl

Super Genius
Has anyone used them for Medsup? Looking at their rates for a client in Mo. reasonable compared to the 2 carriers I normally use.$40.00 savings monthly.

I know there is no comparison but I've had Pekin for auto and home insurance for several years. Competitive rates and great claim service.

I have no idea how that translates to Medsup but it's something.

For whatever it's worth, two years ago when I was looking, Pekin was the only KS lower cost option that a large national call center I was speaking with did NOT carry. Cigna was not in the mkt yet. Pekin was higher than Trans, Lower than Aetna as I recall.

rates for a client in Mo. reasonable compared to the 2 carriers I normally use.$40.00 savings monthly.

That doesn't scare you?

Unless you normally use the higher priced carriers seeing something like that makes alarms go off.

They come in #22 out of 50 carriers in Georgia. Pretty sure they have been here less than 2 years.

14,000 lives nationally . . . $32M premium . . . . 74% LR.

21 lives in Georgia . . . $32k premium . . . 142% LR

That doesn't scare you?

Unless you normally use the higher priced carriers seeing something like that makes alarms go off.

They come in #22 out of 50 carriers in Georgia. Pretty sure they have been here less than 2 years.

That's why I ask, I don't want to blindly enroll someone and have remorse later.Although I'm in GA. The rates in MO are generally higher than GA across the board.MO is my native state so 50% of my business is there.UHC is reasonable but I will only place people there that insist on it.That so far has been very few.

Anthem and Transamerica are the best supplemental players in St Louis right now and have been for about 4 years.

Anthem gives silver sneakers and is super competitive in St Louis county and rural areas on G/N

That doesn't scare you?

I wonder how often csg updates those numbers and loss ratios? Does anyone know?

Back