Pending dui and non resident license

Calisajizzle

Hello Everyone, I'm currently licensed in CA with P&C. I have accepted a position which requires me to be licensed in every state with P&C and probably Life. Will a pending dui affect me from obtaining licenses with other states? No convictions. I'm freaking out as this is crucial to my employment.

Hello Everyone, I'm currently licensed in CA with P&C. I have accepted a position which requires me to be licensed in every state with P&C and probably Life. Will a pending dui affect me from obtaining licenses with other states? No convictions. I'm freaking out as this is crucial to my employment.
Probably not, but fully disclose everything.

A DUI or pending DUI probably won't cause you do be denied, but lying or misleading likely could.

If you end up getting a felony conviction for a1st time DUI offense it could make your life difficult later on. That rarely happens. Most of the first time DUI offenses are misdemeanor per state law. Get a good lawyer and have your lawyer argue you need the licenses for your future income if necessary. Usually it does not come to that. Judges see first time offender and no other previous charges and they move on to misdemeanor. Read this for how CA classifies DUI convictions.

Back