Phone/Dialer VS In Person?

Crapgame44

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For those agents that have worked in both systems with U65 products, and have BEEN SUCCESSFUL with both, which system has the edge? You dont have to list the pro's and cons of both, just which one made more money for you.

Good question... CG44

I don't have an entry here because I don't work this ballgame, but I'm thinking about doing so... My thought has been that for an agent who has the stones to cold call small businesses f2f, a good solid two days per week, you'd have a lot of good leads... Of course most agents aren't going to take this approach and will offer that internet leads are the best choice... but I really wonder. Hopefully there will be someone who has dedicated some time to both methods and can offer an experienced answer.

For those agents that have worked in both systems with U65 products, and have BEEN SUCCESSFUL with both, which system has the edge? You dont have to list the pro's and cons of both, just which one made more money for you.

I can tell from having worked both of those methods with some success. I guess breaking down to pros and cons in IMHO is a good a place to start as any:

Phone/Dialer:
1. Can be more efficient
2. Can make more contact attempts which in theory means more contacts, more opportunities and clients
3. Expand reach into different geographic and time zones - multiple states - more opportunity
4. Save money on gas
5. Can work from home/where whatever - I do but still put on big boy clothes most days, lol
6. Easy. almost automated tracking
7. I'm sure there are more

Cons
1. Harder to build rapport and relationship
2. If you are buying internet leads can be expensive and quality is uncertain
3. You are selling to one person - cold calling b2b allows you opp to get in with business owner and their employees

I'm gonna skip the B2B Pros/Cons and say that I use a blended approach...which works well for me... I have several marketing campaigns running, I generate my own leads, primarily through B2B and B2C telemarketing - and then spend a good bit of time going d2d for biz leads...I stick to the under 50 life market mostly and have great luck getting health sales....

Hope this helps sorry for the rambling people...doc fixed me up on something prepping for surgery and I'm loopy...

Justin

The results are scarily similar - as least in my case.

BtoB was 1 client per 75 businesses with it taking an average of 3 hours to pitch 75 businesses.

Telemarketing was 1 client per 300 dials and it took me an average of 3 hours to dial 300 numbers.

Each method produced two decent leads per hour. However, I find that far less people have solid phone skills and because of that, for the average new agent starting out, they'd do better with BtoB.

Back