Physical Threats

I have never felt threatened by a guy. Its the women who are worse. I know huh, hard to believe. I do not have a weapon. Unless you consider my body a weapon lol as I know self defense quite well. I have had a few unruly loud women get in my face. There is one time however that I will not forget. This women, maybe 10 years older than me(about 38) was downright mean. And she has a child in the other room watching spongebob. I could hear the song in the background. I was about to leave and explaining a few things because she asked and then she tried to slap me. What??? I was shocked. I blocked it, she tried again. Well anyway it escalated to the ground where I used my training and was able to subdue her in a choke hold. After she promised me to calm down and stop if I let her out she again tried to attack me. This time she actually did slap me. It hurt too. I was so so mad. Talk about being a sore loser. We wrestled around and I was able to get her in a head scissor and because I squeezed my hardest and she passed out. I then called the police. A few neighbors saw the whole thing and she was arrested. It was self defense. Apparently this was not the first time police were called on her. Now I stay out of city though. There is enough business for me to be satisfied.

If someone like this ends calming down and you hug it out then they decide to buy a policy from you how do answer that question in the agent report about whether the writing agent knows any reason why the insurance co. may want or not want to insure the person ?

"Client is well known in the community and appears very fit for her age.Personally witnessed applicant participating in activities that displayed superb agility and excellent hand eye coordination. "

Not to split hairs but the Beretta 92 and the M9 are the same gun.
No they are not, different fit and finish. I'm not gonna explain all the differences to you, you have already shown you don't know squat about pistols. Here is a question.....do you even know which one is issued to the military? Here is another question....what pistol did the beretta replace and who was the first military branch to adopt it? Oh we will go for 3 questions.....which other manufacturer produces beretta clones? Sorry to be hard on ya, but it's like someone making a comment on brain surgery when it's clear you are not a doctor, heck with a comment like the one you made you are not even a nurse lol

By the way, it appears you are a vet, no disrespect, and don't get butt hurt, the harder you come back at us the more we will like you. Consider it similar to hazing or basic training.

Last edited:
Answer to the first question - M1911 OK, that was back when men were men. ;)

No they are not, different fit and finish. I'm not gonna explain all the differences to you, you have already shown you don't know squat about pistols. Here is a question.....do you even know which one is issued to the military? Here is another question....what pistol did the beretta replace and who was the first military branch to adopt it? Oh we will go for 3 questions.....which other manufacturer produces beretta clones? Sorry to be hard on ya, but it's like someone making a comment on brain surgery when it's clear you are not a doctor, heck with a comment like the one you made you are not even a nurse lol

By the way, it appears you are a vet, no disrespect, and don't get butt hurt, the harder you come back at us the more we will like you. Consider it similar to hazing or basic training.

Have any of you ever felt physically threatened when running FE leads? Have you decided to carry a concealed weapon for protection?

I've been chased off and cursed out while prospecting but never felt as concerned as today. Two different situations got me thinking.

1st guy admitted to organic brain syndrome, 12 years in prison for armed robbery and a recent charge against him brought on by his ex wife for attempted murder after he beat her up. He was nice enough to me but also got into some weird stories about his history of getting violent for little to no reason.

The 2nd guy was a DM lead. I door knocked and heard the TV but no answer so I tried calling. No answer. 10 min later, he returned my call from caller ID. He seemed nice enough when I explained why I was calling and told me he was on his way home from work then invited me to come by in 30 min. When I pulled into the driveway, he ambushed me. While getting out of my car he pushed me back toward the car, started yelling that he didn't request any info. Then he ripped my stack of leads along with my sales binder out of my hands. I was caught a little off guard at first and fell because I was off balance getting out of the car. He was bigger than me but I was able to chase after him and get my sales materials back minus a couple lead cards. Then he went to his van and started coming after me as I was getting back into my car. I took off as he was threatening to kick my arse.

Weird day.

I was on an appointment to meet a local contractor at his farm to discuss me writing his coverage. It was an evening appointment and it was dark when I got there. I went around to the back door as instructed. When I knocked on the door I heard these footsteps and barking coming from a dog that was aggressively running toward me. This Great Dane pinned me up against the wall and thank God he was friendly. He didn't appear so friendly when running toward me.

I tensed up so much that I had back spasms for almost a week afterwards.

Oh, if I could only tell you the stories from my last job. I used to have to protect the people I worked with/for.

One day, he was in the wrong, made a smart ass remark and I told the guy, go ahead and beat his ass, while I was holding him back. Once I let him go .............it was not pretty.
The short version was the guy was posing for pictures with his junk across the guys face and then finished by taking a 30 second leak all over him. It was a Dr, he deserved it. LOL

Back