Is SBLI mailing out physical policy’s yet?

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
I’ve been looking at getting contracted but it wanted them to work out some kinks first. Are they mailing physical policy’s out ? Are draft days the 1-28th? Has the drafting got any better ? Have they added customer service staff yet as many said cvs was terrible ? Prosperity used to be hell to contact agent support. Now they answer pretty quick

I’ve been looking at getting contracted but it wanted them to work out some kinks first. Are they mailing physical policy’s out ? Are draft days the 1-28th? Has the drafting got any better ? Have they added customer service staff yet as many said cvs was terrible ? Prosperity used to be hell to contact agent support. Now they answer pretty quick

They still don't mail physical policies. Have to print and mail them yourself.

Draft dates are only SS Billing days (1st, 3rd, 2nd Wed, 3rd Wed, or 4th Wed).

Customer service is still not great. They're priced better than Prosperity for most folks.

They still don't mail physical policies. Have to print and mail them yourself.

Draft dates are only SS Billing days (1st, 3rd, 2nd Wed, 3rd Wed, or 4th Wed).

Customer service is still not great. They're priced better than Prosperity for most folks.

So if you write someone on the 1st with a 3rd draft date are they drafting in 2-3 days or does it take them a week to get started drafting ? How many days can you go out from approval for drafting ? 30? Damm printing the policy with no company sleeve looks unprofessional as hell . I thought they were working on mailing physical policys ? Even gtl will mail a physical policy if you call them . I know their underwriting is incredible right now taking all kinds of high risk stuff .

They don’t mail policies. But I don’t mind. I actually like it. I can print their policy within 30 minutes of approval.

They only have the SS draft dates as Jordan mentioned unless they want to pay on approval.

That’s fine for people on SS. But for non SS people you have to get creative.

You ask some people if they have true SS billing and they say yes. You ask others and they say no.

In practice it seems they do not.

You could ask them direct if you have a couple days to kill.

I’ve had several billing issues with them and I don’t have many clients with them.

But I can’t think of a company that hasn’t had billing issues.

So if you write someone on the 1st with a 3rd draft date are they drafting in 2-3 days or does it take them a week to get started drafting ? How many days can you go out from approval for drafting ? 30? Damm printing the policy with no company sleeve looks unprofessional as hell . I thought they were working on mailing physical policys ? Even gtl will mail a physical policy if you call them . I know their underwriting is incredible right now taking all kinds of high risk stuff .

You can only go out to the next SS billing cycle. So in theory they would draft on the 3rd in the case you asked about.

I bought a supply of those translucent plastic folders to put their policy in. Looks quite professional I think.

In theory, if you write someone on the 1st and select a draft date of the 3rd, the first draft will occur 2 days later. So far, I haven't had that situation, but SBLI is highly automated and wouldn't surprise me if they drafted that quickly.

On the flip side, them being highly automated makes it tough to make changes after the policy is submitted but not issued. The few times I've called requesting to change something, they told me to resubmit the application with the corrections.

Back