Physicians Mutual Innovative F and Anniversary Rule?

Compare it to any company out there for long term stability and it is hard to beat. Upfront cost may be more expensive but you know as well as I do that for most of our clients, they have to think long term. Underwriting is the beast that eats their pocketbooks alive in the long term.

What companies are you happy with for long term stability?

I am talking about the Innovative F, Standard F, HDF and G.

(caveat, not an agent.)
I can't speak to anything other than HDF, but in KS - attained age HDF Physician's Mutual pricing for age 70 is an absolute (bad) joke. I have had rate increases every year with my carrier and I am still hundredS of dollars a year under Physicians Mutual costs-at least according to data in the records of the KS Insurance Commissioner.

Last edited:
I'm not happy with anybody's rates over time. They ALL go up.

It's hard to verify. I notice that PMIC's not on CSG anymore. :no:

When they were, you had to scroll down to the bottom to find them...one of the most expensive. :yes:

(not an agent)

KS is mostly attained age. Using the June 2018 Ins Dept shoppers guide, I have 16 attained age HDF carriers. (There is also one issue age carrier)

Move to age 75 (instead of 70 like I mentioned before) There are 5 carriers with an HDF premium of over $1,000 a year. Physicians Mutual is the lowest of those 5:) at 1.023.85 per year.

(not an agent)

KS is mostly attained age. Using the June 2018 Ins Dept shoppers guide, I have 16 attained age HDF carriers. (There is also one issue age carrier)

Move to age 75 (instead of 70 like I mentioned before) There are 5 carriers with an HDF premium of over $1,000 a year. Physicians Mutual is the lowest of those 5:) at 1.023.85 per year.
Yeah, I'm not buying it. I don't believe that price on the 80 year old for PMIC. :no:

Back