Physicians Mutual MedSup

VT33

Expert
Does anyone have experience with Physicians Mutual MedSups? Do they have higher rate increases down the road like a Mutual of Omaha and Bankers Life tend to? I've always kind of stayed away from Sups that are through companies that I associate with life insurance.

I spoke with them I was intrested in their dental plans, A few have asked my about it

But when I spoke with rep , about a year ago, she was talking to me about their innovative plan G, Which Is a rip off in my opinion

I told her I probably not going to sell that but if her reg med supp is competitive or has any under writing niche I would be interested

She said If I don't get the innovative and love that she is not intrested in having me sell any of her products

I'm curious to know why you think Innovative G is a rip off. It's a high deductible that goes away after third year and the premium remains lower than the regular G. For those healthy T65 who go to the doctor once per year, it may make sense. Then after the third year their deductible goes away. What am I missing?

I'm curious to know why you think Innovative G is a rip off. It's a high deductible that goes away after third year and the premium remains lower than the regular G. For those healthy T65 who go to the doctor once per year, it may make sense. Then after the third year their deductible goes away. What am I missing?

Its not the lowest G in the quotes I got

And even if it were $10 less then the lowest G why is that a good deal when it is high deductible for 3 years?

And that is enough Just on the face its not a good deal

However this is without even going into what happens after they get converted to reg you don't think they will end up with big increase like others over time

You dont think you will end up moving them in 3 to 6 years like with other carriers?

Its not the lowest G in the quotes I got

And even if it were $10 less then the lowest G why is that a good deal when it is high deductible for 3 years?

And that is enough Just on the face its not a good deal

However this is without even going into what happens after they get converted to reg you don't think they will end up with big increase like others over time

You dont think you will end up moving them in 3 to 6 years like with other carriers?
I’ve never placed anyone on the cheapest plan, ever. I don’t chase the revolving comapanies. Innovative G is about 20% less than regular G. When the deductible goes away after three years, they stay on Innovative G keeping the lower rate, they don’t get moved to the regualar G. You should sit through their webinar. They hold them weekly. I’m not advocating for Phys Mutual, but i think your assumptions are missplaced.

I’ve never placed anyone on the cheapest plan, ever. I don’t chase the revolving comapanies. Innovative G is about 20% less than regular G. When the deductible goes away after three years, they stay on Innovative G keeping the lower rate, they don’t get moved to the regualar G. You should sit through their webinar. They hold them weekly. I’m not advocating for Phys Mutual, but i think your assumptions are missplaced.

LOLOL:D:D:D:D

Yea she said the same thing

But when she quoted I also quoted, She showed me 20% less then a mid priced carrier

I showed her a lower price then hers

They were not the lowest in 3 states

SORRY

LOLOL:D:D:D:D

Yea she said the same thing

But when she quoted I also quoted, She showed me 20% less then a mid priced carrier

I showed her a lower price then hers

They were not the lowest in 3 states

SORRY
I did not say they were the lowest. I said their Innovative G was 20% lower than their regular G. Every one is announcing 10-15% rate increases. They announced theirs...0%. You can keep chasing the lowest, and keep rewriting them soon after. As I said, I don't chase the lowest. Never have.

I did not say they were the lowest. I said their Innovative G was 20% lower than their regular G. Every one is announcing 10-15% rate increases. They announced theirs...0%. You can keep chasing the lowest, and keep rewriting them soon after. As I said, I don't chase the lowest. Never have.

Mutual had a decrees in premium in 2015

I've seen many 0% increases on Aetna and others

I dont care who it is, you will need to change plans in 3 to 5 years if you are to keep rates stable

with the exception of maybe UHC and BC who have high starting points

I would be pretty upset with my agent if I found out that I paid over 2K in deductible for 3 years and was not lower then every other reg Plan G

It makes 0 sense

Back