Please Critique My Marketing Idea

Tim,

Flattered by your rewrite. I think its really coming along.

Here's my main message to ya ... If the copy doesnt convey WIIFM -eradicate it. If it doesnt follow the form A I D A - its fluff and wastes space text and time .. where you could be converying WIIFM / AIDA.

Does the captive really care whether we have 3 excess/surplus lines appointments with MGA's or 100?

Do they care - really - how many direct appointments we have? Thats all info you can share during Face Time with this guy over a sammich next to his office.

All they care about is that we can solve a propblem they have and we need to remind them of that problem and have the solutoon.

Would the message be radically changed if you took out the info that is ALL ABOUT YOU? Do they really want to know that much yet? Can you dramatically shorten that part and still convey the same thought in 2 sentences or less?

The above things are the same things I ask myself most every time I try and write copy.

Did I follow an accepted form/style of sales letters?

Am I soley focused on WIIFM for my target audience.

Can I convey the thought with fewer text?

Do I engage the reader on an emotional level or am I just regurgitating the typical Ins Agent marketing pablum of feature feature feature ... focus on benefits.

Guys ive read who do copy for a living will typically rewrite stuff 5-6 times.

Write for form
Re Write for emphasis
Re Write again for emotion
Re Write again for style.

Test ...

This stuff aint easy to get right. Kudos to you for the A+ efforts. Your piece is 85% better than most and 100% better than the rest ... why - the rest never take action and dont send squat to anybody!

All the best,

Steve
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Excess and Surplus, unless you've got some new kind of market I've never heard of.

Huh?

Last edited:
How about this as say a postcard?

Attention Allstate Agents:

Are you turning business away because your company doesn't have a market? Will the other guy then cross sell your policy holders?

Worried about losing renewals because you just can't write the whole account?

Tired of telling your customers NO, NO, NO because Allstate doesn't have the appetite?

Call 1-800-555-0000 and ask for my FREE REPORT, How 5 State Farm Agents In New Mexico Have Been Able To Keep Their Accounts Even When They've Had To Say NO, NO, NO To A Particular Piece Of Business!

Drop in a testimonial.

Might be a good drip piece?

If anyone else is looking for the report that I sent Tim ... who said ...

I got the report and is money well spent (already read the whole thing). Thanks for decreasing the learning curve.

I have details ONLINE Now - HERE

SoCal,

Thanks for the secret sauce. I got a couple of ideas for ya'

Could take this thing to the next level

Or maybe I'l keep this one to myself.................

Forum,

Here is an update on this marketing campaign. So far I have only contacted half of the Allstate agents and a quarter of the State Farm agents in my state.

This thing has just exploded into one of the best Idea's I've had yet. The office is receiving at least 2 quotes a day and I am writing 75% of those. I have done a couple of State Farm agency meetings and have actually stopped approaching the other agents because we are too busy to keep up.

This is something you need to try and if you want details call me at 505-899-7000

Back