Please Respond - Best Exclusive Life Leads.....

ALB123

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I am trying to find the best exclusive life insurance lead source.

First, a little bit of background. I have been using a company for the last 1.5 years but they are now gradually shutting down their lead operations and not accepting new customers, and in fact are cancelling the accounts of all but their best customers (that's why I'm not posting their name here). Since they have stopped doing new marketing, lead flow has slowed to a trickle and will soon stop altogether.

I am looking to reproduce my experience with them, as I was spending $5,000/month on leads and generating $20,000/month in sales. I would pay $50+/lead for this kind of lead - as close to exclusive as you can get, high contact ratios, extremely ready to buy.

One of the major things that I think makes a difference is that they actually give the customer ballpark quotes online, which gives the customer instant gratification and prevents them from going on to mutliple websites, thereby eliminating the exclusivity of the lead. For the agent, it prevents having to call within 20 seconds of getting the lead, which for me personally is not how I want to live (i.e. in fear that if I don't call soon enough, I'll lose the sale).

Other than that, probably the major factor of my success is employing age and face value filters, tailored to the specifications that I believe yield the largest sales. In other words, I don't want to sell the 30-year old who wants a $50K policy. Beyond that, I'm just looking for the basic things that make a good lead - solid replacement policy, no junk affiliates/marketing.

I have tried other lead sources and have not found anything that comes close, which is worrying, as this could completely overhaul my business. I have tried Leadbot and InsuranceAgents and have not been really thrilled with either of them - poor contact ratios, prospects not serious buyers, etc. In fairness to them, I didn't try them very long and I didn't call the lead right away, as I was spoiled by my current vendor.

I have heard some good things about Producer Pipeline and am considering giving them a try. Any thoughts on them or any other exclusive lead vendor?

I have also considered going the shared lead route with a "four-call" predictive dialer and ordering massive amounts of shared leads, but honestly I don't like dealing with the nonsense of having to beg someone to buy through me instead of the person that came in after me. I will do anything that is needed, though.

I guess my question more broadly is not only what is the best exclusive lead source you have found, but also what is the best model to succeed in selling life insurance over the Internet. If need be, I'll even go back and get my P&C license, as I've heard some people are having good luck with those leads. Ugh, I love my life and my business and it seems as though everything is changing now - who ever thought a lead vendor would make such a difference? In any event, any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.....

Back