Political Humor

Im pretty sure Trumps tariffs on aluminum, steel, anything from China, anything from the EU, Washing Machines, Solar, etc. etc.... is what led to rampant inflation.

2019, Trump Tariffs hit.
2021, Inflation tripled.
And this time he's threatening to tariff all imports, regardless of the country of origin. Fidiot!

Im pretty sure Trumps tariffs on aluminum, steel, anything from China, anything from the EU, Washing Machines, Solar, etc. etc.... is what led to rampant inflation.

2019, Trump Tariffs hit.
2021, Inflation tripled.
Now that I see the airtight logic, there are so many possibilities...

2019: I switched my brand of coffee. (Tariffs actually hit in 2018, but whatever)
2021: Inflation tripled.
:twitchy:

It's also funny because the Biden/Harris admin has kept the tariffs and is tripling them on Chinese steel/aluminum (taking average from 7.5% to 22.5%). And inflation came DOWN while the tariffs didn't. Weird, huh?

But the real humor here is in the math. The average household now spends between $11-$12k more per year to maintain the same standard of living as in Jan 2021. How much more are they spending due to these tariffs? Fortunately, the Tax Foundation has done that legwork for us. The answer? A few hundred bucks a year. 🤣

Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 11.25.03 AM.png

Now that I see the airtight logic, there are so many possibilities...

2019: I switched my brand of coffee. (Tariffs actually hit in 2018, but whatever)
2021: Inflation tripled.
:twitchy:

It's also funny because the Biden/Harris admin has kept the tariffs and is tripling them on Chinese steel/aluminum (taking average from 7.5% to 22.5%). And inflation came DOWN while the tariffs didn't. Weird, huh?

But the real humor here is in the math. The average household now spends between $11-$12k more per year to maintain the same standard of living as in Jan 2021. How much more are they spending due to these tariffs? Fortunately, the Tax Foundation has done that legwork for us. The answer? A few hundred bucks a year. 🤣

View attachment 14734

Yeah, a special interest organization created by the top 1% to further the top 1%s agenda.

Economic theory has proven that policy takes 2-4 years to have an impact on the economy.

Most economists are very much against the Trump Tariffs.

What that chart does not show is the amount of foreign goods that just stopped being imported because of the tariffs. Forcing US businesses to purchase them at higher prices domestically. Which is the main causation of the tariffs leading to inflation.

Its not the tax at the port on the steel.
Its the higher price paid for the domestic steel.

Back