Political Humor

Yeah, a special interest organization created by the top 1% to further the top 1%s agenda.
The Tax Foundation? What? They're using Census data, data from Customs/Border Protection, etc. Nonsense. And the richest among us don't benefit from tariffs.
Economic theory has proven that policy takes 2-4 years to have an impact on the economy.
SOME policy. Not tariffs. Which is why the data shows an increase in household cost due to tariffs right away. Country has to pay to sell goods in US, they increase price accordingly. That's where the whole "It's US consumers who pay for tariffs" comes from.
Most economists are very much against the Trump Tariffs.
They're the Biden Tariffs now. Biden could've removed them and didn't. Like I said, he just INCREASED them. Why has inflation gone down?
What that chart does not show is the amount of foreign goods that just stopped being imported because of the tariffs. Forcing US businesses to purchase them at higher prices domestically. Which is the main causation of the tariffs leading to inflation.
Let's see if that matches what actually happened. As you can see below, imports from China dropped when the tariffs were implemented in 2018/2019. Inflation didn't start to spike until mid 2021, which is when imports from China had gone back UP. Since then, they've fallen more steeply, especially in 2023. 2023 is the year inflation FELL from 6.4 in Jan to 3.4 in Dec.

How did inflation fall while imports from China sharply fell at the same time?

Its not the tax at the port on the steel.
Its the higher price paid for the domestic steel.
Show your math, because regular math isn't supporting you here.Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 1.11.51 PM.png

Now that I see the airtight logic, there are so many possibilities...

2019: I switched my brand of coffee. (Tariffs actually hit in 2018, but whatever)
2021: Inflation tripled.
:twitchy:

It's also funny because the Biden/Harris admin has kept the tariffs and is tripling them on Chinese steel/aluminum (taking average from 7.5% to 22.5%). And inflation came DOWN while the tariffs didn't. Weird, huh?

But the real humor here is in the math. The average household now spends between $11-$12k more per year to maintain the same standard of living as in Jan 2021. How much more are they spending due to these tariffs? Fortunately, the Tax Foundation has done that legwork for us. The answer? A few hundred bucks a year. 🤣

View attachment 14734
Don't confuse him with the facts that don't blame Trump

Yeah, a special interest organization created by the top 1% to further the top 1%s agenda.

Economic theory has proven that policy takes 2-4 years to have an impact on the economy.

Most economists are very much against the Trump Tariffs.

What that chart does not show is the amount of foreign goods that just stopped being imported because of the tariffs. Forcing US businesses to purchase them at higher prices domestically. Which is the main causation of the tariffs leading to inflation.

Its not the tax at the port on the steel.
Its the higher price paid for the domestic steel.
How can you continue to call them the Trump Tarriffs when Biden kept them and even increased them? Would that at least not make them theTrump-Biden Tarriffs?

Now that I see the airtight logic, there are so many possibilities...

2019: I switched my brand of coffee. (Tariffs actually hit in 2018, but whatever)
2021: Inflation tripled.
:twitchy:

It's also funny because the Biden/Harris admin has kept the tariffs and is tripling them on Chinese steel/aluminum (taking average from 7.5% to 22.5%). And inflation came DOWN while the tariffs didn't. Weird, huh?

But the real humor here is in the math. The average household now spends between $11-$12k more per year to maintain the same standard of living as in Jan 2021. How much more are they spending due to these tariffs? Fortunately, the Tax Foundation has done that legwork for us. The answer? A few hundred bucks a year. 🤣

View attachment 14734
Covid shut down the world for a couple of years, and with everybody playing catch up, demand outpaced supply. Inflation is a global phenomena. Basic economics overrules your desire to place blame based on political bias.

The Tax Foundation? What? They're using Census data, data from Customs/Border Protection, etc. Nonsense. And the richest among us don't benefit from tariffs.

SOME policy. Not tariffs. Which is why the data shows an increase in household cost due to tariffs right away. Country has to pay to sell goods in US, they increase price accordingly. That's where the whole "It's US consumers who pay for tariffs" comes from.

They're the Biden Tariffs now. Biden could've removed them and didn't. Like I said, he just INCREASED them. Why has inflation gone down?

Let's see if that matches what actually happened. As you can see below, imports from China dropped when the tariffs were implemented in 2018/2019. Inflation didn't start to spike until mid 2021, which is when imports from China had gone back UP. Since then, they've fallen more steeply, especially in 2023. 2023 is the year inflation FELL from 6.4 in Jan to 3.4 in Dec.

How did inflation fall while imports from China sharply fell at the same time?

Show your math, because regular math isn't supporting you here.View attachment 14745
Awesome, now do soy bean export graphs. lol

Back