Poll Question: Industry Webinars

When was the last time you participated in an industry webinar?

• Within the past month

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Within the past 3 months

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Within the past 6 months

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Within the past year

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • More than a year ago

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I never participate in webinars

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club

I see a ton of emails and ads promoting webinars for topics like how to generate more/better leads and how to prepare for the new DOL Fiduciary Rule.

It makes me curious as to how many Forum members make the time to sit in on webinars now and then, and do you do it mainly for CE credits, to learn about something new that might boost your business, or to find out about a new product or market?

And when you do tune in to a webinar, do you generally find it to be a good use of time or a waste of time?

I see a ton of emails and ads promoting webinars for topics like how to generate more/better leads and how to prepare for the new DOL Fiduciary Rule.

It makes me curious as to how many Forum members make the time to sit in on webinars now and then, and do you do it mainly for CE credits, to learn about something new that might boost your business, or to find out about a new product or market?

And when you do tune in to a webinar, do you generally find it to be a good use of time or a waste of time?

It seems that most of the webinars are at bad times...like the middle of the day. Medico just keeps recycling the same ones over and over every month...I just automatically delete the webinar e-mails from them now.

A few companies record the webinar and put it on their website so you can watch at your leisure. I don't know why more companies don't do that...they'd have more agents watch.

I agree that more companies should post the webinars on their website. Or they could just send the link to all the agents. That is my biggest complaint about webinars.

As far as the quality, Ive found that most webinars put on by most all IMOs are largely useless. They are usually very generic and I have heard incorrect information come from IMO webinars before.

Carrier webinars are better generally speaking.

I agree that more companies should post the webinars on their website. Or they could just send the link to all the agents. That is my biggest complaint about webinars.

As far as the quality, Ive found that most webinars put on by most all IMOs are largely useless. They are usually very generic and I have heard incorrect information come from IMO webinars before.

Carrier webinars are better generally speaking.

I've heard incorrect information on the company webinars too.:laugh:

My biggest complaint is having to attend during Buis hours.I have enough to do during buis hour while trying to get new buiz at the same time.

Besides I may not be as focused on something new during times I feel I should be interacting with prospects.

I like when they are recorded so I can go over at a more convenient time and can play again if I need to listen to some it a 2nd time

I also hate when I attended a webinar and they only get into the most basic common sense stuff that most agents know. That is just a waste of valuable time

The last webinar I got onto was with The American College regarding the DOL ruling.

Other webinars I get onto are through Torrid-Technologies, and they're either marketing related, or an advisor who is doing very well using RetirementView software. I almost always get something new out of those.

Unless it's a new product, I almost never go onto product-based webinars by carriers anymore.

I will sit in on a webinar for a new product that I want to learn more about. Some trainers are better than others and sometimes I don't get anything more out of the webinar than I would've gotten from reading about the product. But sometimes the trainer is great and can offer insights to help.

Pretty much my feelings also. I have gotten some great info, other times I've dropped out of the webinar early. I try to plug into stuff that interests me when I can, to me... it never hurts to learn.

The people who put on the seminars need to get to the freaking point.

Talk faster. Stop the twenty introductions and just say it already.

Needless to say I haven't watched a seminar in over a year.

Back