Possible Complaint - Medicare Advantage

Reason 392 of why I have stopped selling MA plans. Too much trouble.

Top 10 Reasons why I will continue to sell MA

10. I live in Fl- I have too
9. I sell to seniors - they need me too
8. Old farts love it
7. No underwriting
6. Short and easy applications
5. No premium to collect
4. Market share of MA over original medicare still increasing
3. MA is the new norm many T65 MA now ask for it my name
2. benefits on plans have been getting better and better (in Fl. anyway)

and the number 1 reason i will continue to sell MA.....

less and less compition from other agents who have stopped selling MA because of all the extra marketing rules and commission changes etc.

Top 10 Reasons why I will continue to sell MA 10. I live in Fl- I have too 9. I sell to seniors - they need me too 8. Old farts love it 7. No underwriting 6. Short and easy applications 5. No premium to collect 4. Market share of MA over original medicare still increasing 3. MA is the new norm many T65 MA now ask for it my name 2. benefits on plans have been getting better and better (in Fl. anyway) and the number 1 reason i will continue to sell MA..... less and less compition from other agents who have stopped selling MA because of all the extra marketing rules and commission changes etc.
Well said. The extra effort they require thins the agent herd, creates more opportunities for those willing to do the work.

Well said. The extra effort they require thins the agent herd, creates more opportunities for those willing to do the work.

Thanks.I noticed this OEP there seemed to be less of the MA temp agents out there mucking things up for us veteran agents that play by the rules . hopefully thats a trend.

No. Not true. New plan has not started yet. They can still revert to the "old plan" prior to Jan 1.
Does this apply to Part D plans also? The following was posted on another forum and I wanted to provide an accurate response.

I changed my Part D drug plan for 2016. When I was researching them, I swear the bulk of the drugs I take were in Tier 1, and I would be saving a lot of money on the monthly premium. But when I got the new policy, those drugs are all in Tier 2, and the copays are way more than I'm currently paying. Am I stuck with this policy now for another year, or is there a period of time I can still change it back to my current one?

Top 10 Reasons why I will continue to sell MA

10. I live in Fl- I have too
9. I sell to seniors - they need me too
8. Old farts love it
7. No underwriting
6. Short and easy applications
5. No premium to collect
4. Market share of MA over original medicare still increasing
3. MA is the new norm many T65 MA now ask for it my name
2. benefits on plans have been getting better and better (in Fl. anyway)

and the number 1 reason i will continue to sell MA.....

less and less compition from other agents who have stopped selling MA because of all the extra marketing rules and commission changes etc.

Those of us in Florida understand how expensive Med Supplements are throughout the state and the need to have more products available-I start every conversation with a new client entering Medicare with the basic choice, either pay a premium and have almost no out of pocket costs for healthcare, or pay $0 premium and have copays, once they give me a direction (almost all do) we move to the plan benefits for whichever choice they make.

Those of us in Florida understand how expensive Med Supplements are throughout the state and the need to have more products available-I start every conversation with a new client entering Medicare with the basic choice, either pay a premium and have almost no out of pocket costs for healthcare, or pay $0 premium and have copays, once they give me a direction (almost all do) we move to the plan benefits for whichever choice they make.

Yes the goal for me is to give the client all the information they need to make an informed decision but let them make the choice.There are times when I see a client making what I bellieve is the wrong choice for their situation and I will gently nudge towards the type of medicare health plan I feel is most suitablefor them but in the end consumers don't like to feel like they have been pushed in to a plan that a salesman preferred that they buy.I respect it when a prospect tells me they definetly want a med supp but I have learned to still give them the overview of ALL their options because many times they are so pro med supp/anti MA because they had previously spoken with Med Supp only agents ( I am looking at you bankers life agent) who bash MA .

Now there has been times when I have walked away from a sale when a consumer was insisting on an ma plan that was clearly a terrible choice and I have walked away for a med supp sale were a low income client wanted to spend a big percentage of their income to pay the premiums

Yes the goal for me is to give the client all the information they need to make an informed decision but let them make the choice.There are times when I see a client making what I bellieve is the wrong choice for their situation and I will gently nudge towards the type of medicare health plan I feel is most suitablefor them but in the end consumers don't like to feel like they have been pushed in to a plan that a salesman preferred that they buy.I respect it when a prospect tells me they definetly want a med supp but I have learned to still give them the overview of ALL their options because many times they are so pro med supp/anti MA because they had previously spoken with Med Supp only agents ( I am looking at you bankers life agent) who bash MA .

Now there has been times when I have walked away from a sale when a consumer was insisting on an ma plan that was clearly a terrible choice and I have walked away for a med supp sale were a low income client wanted to spend a big percentage of their income to pay the premiums

We have exactly the same approach, it's the client's decision but sometimes they do need some help. I am a Medicare beneficiary so have that as added credibility but still try not to steer someone unless they are really confused.

Back