Possibly Trying the Individual Thing Again - CT

CTInsureMe

Hello everyone,

I was a successful broker in CT from about 2006-2010 and left to pursue other opportunities as the Obamacare law became imminent. Anyway, I have a couple friends that still market Indv/Small Group products in CT (and most are licensed in other states as well) but I haven't had a chance to really pick their brain about what's coming up for 2014. However, here is some of what I have heard:

-There is still lots of business to be had and selling has actually gotten somewhat easier due to less brokers being in the mix.
-This "Connector" will have some brokers attached to it therefore resulting in more income potential for those associated with it. (though you can still sell if not part of connector also)
-Guaranteed Issue means guaranteed sales
-Leads are cheaper
-Required coverage will result in more opportunity

Now I know these are likely the rosier parts of the current landscape so what I am looking for are other perspectives and thoughts about 2014 and beyond, preferably from anyone in CT or states that will have the Connector, etc. I would love to make another go of this if it's going to be viable again...thanks!!

Dave

Hmmm.. Looks like there aren't many health agents left, Dave. A couple of years ago, you would have been inundated with advice and guidance.

The best thing you can do is to go hook up with those 2 friends that are still in the health insurance business and pick their brain. They should be able to give you local insight into Connecticut trends and the local Insurance Connector. Good luck!
-Allen in Chicagoland

Hmmm.. Looks like there aren't many health agents left, Dave. A couple of years ago, you would have been inundated with advice and guidance.

The best thing you can do is to go hook up with those 2 friends that are still in the health insurance business and pick their brain. They should be able to give you local insight into Connecticut trends and the local Insurance Connector. Good luck!
-Allen in Chicagoland

Yeah I think that will be my best bet!!! Thanks bud! :)

More and more of my individual prospects are asking me if I offer health insurance. I don't want to mess with it, but it seems there is a decent market in individual sales????

Back