Postage Meters...

I looked at the Dymo printer a few months back but passed, its good to hear the testimonial from an actual user!

Rick, where did you buy your Dymo? I've seen them at Sams Club. Is that about the lowest price I will find, or are they available somewhere online?
I did a google search and wound up buying on eBay.

By the way, my Dymo broke recently. Apparently the reader "died". I called the company, gave them the serial number and they told me it was under warranty. In 5 days I had a new printer and returned (pre-paid) the old one. Great service.

Rick

I looked at the Dymo printer a few months back but passed, its good to hear the testimonial from an actual user!

Rick, where did you buy your Dymo? I've seen them at Sams Club. Is that about the lowest price I will find, or are they available somewhere online?

I'll say that my Dymo Twin Turbo is the workhorse on my desk. Well worth the money, but then, my penmanship stinks, so it's the easiest way to address an envelope.

I have address labels on one roll, stamps on the other. I highly recommend the twin over the single unit. Now, if they would only come out with a triple so I could put the file folder labels in the third......

Dan

I'm curious, how much mailing does the typical agent do that a meter / online account is better than just buying a few rolls of stamps? I know I go back and forth on this. I got very used to the online account thing when we had an online store, and shipping costs varied a lot.

Now, everything I mail is either 1 oz, 2 oz, occassionally 3 ozs, and a random 4 oz letter. I went to the postoffice, bought a few rolls of 1 oz stamps, a roll of 2 oz stamps, and a few 3 oz. I then 'print' anyting different, including my priority/express mail stamps.

My life sped up a lot by not dealing with the printing process for the 4-5 letters I send a day. And it's a lot easier now that you don't have to lick the stamps :)

This is why I just stick with my Dymo Stamps system. Not as comprehensive as Stamps.com or endicia, but its free from monthly charges, and lets me deal with the oddball postage, AND I find it simpler to use than either stamps.com or endicia.

Now, paying $20 a month isn't a big deal if it saves time, I just found for me, it cost me time.

Dan

Chumps, Let us know how you like the system. I've been leaning that way also but I keep hearing about added expenses with Pitney. Also tell us how long the PB ink cartridges last and how much they cost.

I have had my current PB for about three years, but just received the upgraded version in the mail this week.

I like it, but the monthly cost went from $20ish to $44ish. That's why I put up a beef and they allowed me to upgrade and lower the cost. Kind of like complaining to the Cable company.

Cartridges usually last about 60 days and it does give envelopes a professional look. We use it for all of our personal postage as well, so I like the convenience.

I use my 14-year-old son, so just pay the regular postage rate. Few problems though, can have an attitude from time to time and the food costs will run you broke.

;)

Having used Pitney Bowes, I now use Stamps.com I am paying $14.99 per month and they offer much more than Pitney Bowes.

I can print any kind of labels, boxes envelopes, packages... anything.
I received a free digital scale.
Much easier to manage when it comes to computer software vs some scale with stamp machine.
Everyone that I told about Stamps.com love it.

Stamps.com sounds like a winner. But I don't want to go online everytime I need postage. Is there any way to avoid doing that with Stamps.com?

As an example...if I need something stamped early in the morning before I go to work, the PB machine is always on.

I've used them both (and many others). PB is far easier if your mailing a bunch of letters. More expensive, yes, but far easier.

Stamps.com is more flexible, prints labels, tracks packages, etc, but, you have to run things through your printer, rather than shoving the envelope in the 'stamper' and being done with it.

Stamps.com is a separate application, i.e., you don't do it through a web browser, but through it's own program. It does validate your account online when you print postage. Less hassle than when you print postage on your PB machine and it doesn't have enough money on it, but that probably doesn't happen very often.

Dan

Back