Pre-Approach Letters?

:laugh: The first sentence I am thinking OK attention grabber. Then "decomplification" What the hell? Then, :nah: no fricken way. Till we get to Mr Ben Dover.

I use pre-approach letters. Here's on I use frequently:

Dear Bob,

Do you feel like your financial life is all screwed up, nothing seeming to be what it should be? All my clients used to feel that way before they had the pleasure of working with me. I show people how to make sense of their wealth creation options by a process of decomplification that all the major corporations throughout the world use.

Bob, the problem is that we are taught to do things a certain way. Usually, it is the wrong way. That’s why the people who are fortunate enough to get a chance to work with me no longer have those problems. I make sure my clients are making financial choices that are not just in my best interests, but theirs as well.

I’ll call in a few days to let you know when we’ll be getting together. I don’t charge a fee for our initial consultation, and there’s nothing to buy. That doesn’t come until the 2nd meeting.

I’m sure you’ll agree that the commissions I make off of you are worth it by the time we’re done.

Ethically yours,

Ben Dover

That is pretty smooth. Obviously the key to doing it successfully is to knock on their door.

Are you still doing that now that you are independent or did it work so well that you don't do it anymore? :D

:)
I've learned to love cold calling, so that's what I go with now.
Just as cheap and I only go out to write apps.
Some people don't like cold calling. In which case, this pre-approach method is a winner for an agent willing to put the time in.

:)
I've learned to love cold calling, so that's what I go with now.
Just as cheap and I only go out to write apps.
Some people don't like cold calling. In which case, this pre-approach method is a winner for an agent willing to put the time in.

As you know I also prefer cold calling and will only go on an appointment to write an app. Been doing it that way for many years.

I do agree, for those who won't cold call this sounds like a very viable option to get in front of a lot of people. The agent has to be willing to put in the time though.

It is really time consuming and costly (lots of gas) though. In essence the agent is showing up to do a "Medicare Review". Not always very productive.

Back