Premium Per Month

Jul 24, 2015

1. moscupeter

moscupeter New Member

How much premium(not policies) can a good agent write per month if he had access to unlimited leads and access to all the major carriers.

2. ncagent83

ncagent83 Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    That's a loaded question. It depends on where you're at in the country and what demographic you're going after. Also, define "major carriers".

3. KYB

KYB Expert

Asking unanswerable questions like that makes me simply say good luck and good day

KYB, Jul 24, 2015
  4. Dave864

Dave864 Expert

To be as vague as possible, you can expect $15k-75k/month.

Dave864, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Waldo

Waldo New Member

I'd say 30k as an Indy is a constant goal. If above great, if below keep going. At that rate I'd say 50-75k in commissions year one which would set you up with a great base of renewals to keep building on.

I could be completely off here, feel free to correct that expectation to more or less.

Waldo, Jul 28, 2015
  6. moscupeter

moscupeter New Member

Only asking because I've been averaging $55,000k for the last year but I know more it's possible. I know people that write individually $115k/month, preferred business only. All internet leads

7. insurance1822

insurance1822 Guru

State:
    Alabama
    I personally write about 80 policies per month (personal lines.) I personally don't see how you do more because there's not enough time in a day. Actually, I have a part time help too. Premium is tough because of your particular market.