Primerica a Good Play?

not at all. The company is Virtual Financial Group. We are the new division of Transamerica...
VFG is adding new powerful product providers, resources, support and technology to our VFG Virtual Business Platform
through a new 1st of its kind exclusive relationship with Transamerica
A 103 Billion Dollar Company started in 1906
New Carriers Transamerica, Pacific Life, Nationwide, WRL & ING plus 150 more
All Products paid through 6 generations SVP earns 16% on 1st, 8% on 2nd, 5% on 3rd 3,2,1
80% Advances, 40% on Submission & 40% on Issue, Paid 2x weekly
20 Million Dollar Compass Computer System (Payroll, Licensing, Reports,Tracking & Hierarchy)
80 Million Dollar Home Office with 300 Employees to help you build your business
New Mobile Business Platform ( iphone & Android )
New World Class Marketing Videos, Brochures & Funnel System
New World Class Back Office Tools & A Wealth of Resources
Visionary Leadership and Powerful Backing & Support

This sounds similar to what I heard from a manager in the TX area with Transamerica, how they have a new marketing philosophy or program, and exclusive policies that only they can sell, brokers can't sell them.

exclusive always means more sales......

Has their underwriting gotten any faster than a glacier flow yet?

it is always a good idea to reduce the number of possible sales by restricting your sales force.. a wise decision similar to hiring the guy from Apple to run JC Pennys (into the ground).

not at all. The company is Virtual Financial Group. We are the new division of Transamerica...
VFG is adding new powerful product providers, resources, support and technology to our VFG Virtual Business Platform
All Products paid through 6 generations SVP earns 16% on 1st, 8% on 2nd, 5% on 3rd 3,2,1
20 Million Dollar Compass Computer System (Payroll, Licensing, Reports,Tracking & Hierarchy)
80 Million Dollar Home Office with 300 Employees to help you build your business

As XRAC said, "a different great MLM opportunity" :err:

And a partridge in a pear tree...

Mercedes,

Primerica is probably the upper quartile of pricing. Honestly I don't think I'm familiar with a company whose price is easier to beat. John Hancock comes close but when you can beat primerica's price every time with a freaking northwestern mutual term that tells you a lot.

In other words you'd do well to write yourself another policy to replace that primerica term. And if you're not an agent then I can write it for you ;)

As for LuisB, the career path in life insurance is a scam*, not just primerica. Don't be a captive agent anywhere. If you want to sell insurance, ask around and find out which firm offers the best training (I hear liberty mutual is great) and join them, but plan to leave soon after training is done. It's easy to get hired by an insurance company: when they have you do those stupid market surveys during the interview process, make everything up and tell the managing director that all your friends and friends of friends make 300k and above. Make sure to get 25% more referrals than they ask you (they usually ask for 100 names, give them 125 or 150). You're hired on the spot.

I noticed someone else ask the question of why the word scam applies. It applies because people are blatantly lied to during recruitment. They bring new people in 4-6 times a year so they can introduce senior reps to their warm markets, then burn out and leave. Compare the two following things:

1) The career agency path in a life insurance company

2) Get a regular sales job (you know, an actual "job" in which you are actually compensated for your work, even if it's $15/hr) that gets you sales experience, get a 2-15 license on the side, attend webinars to learn product (when you get hired as a captive agent they don't teach you product anyway) and find a brokerage that's willing to get you contracted with a couple of companies. Depending on your market, some good choices of companies to get contracted with are transamerica, north american, assurity, metlife.

With option 2 you get to:
A- Make 2-3x as much money on each case you open within your warm market as option 1 since you didn't have to split your commission in half with some asswipe who doesn't even know a thing about finance anyway, and since the commission rates for firms like trans are usually way higher than the commissions for career agency firms like guardian or pru

B- Not have to sit through the awkwardness of luring your friends into this trap of meeting with a salesman they didn't want to meet with

C- Actually have income to hold you over when you can't sell a damn thing... you know, once your warm market runs out.

D- Not be under massive pressure when you run out of warm market and stop making money... Selling outside your warm mkt is hard enough without having some dingleberry breathing down your neck every day. Btw these guys who are in charge of "motivating" agents are usually failed agents themselves.

Mercedes,

Primerica is probably the upper quartile of pricing. Honestly I don't think I'm familiar with a company whose price is easier to beat. John Hancock comes close but when you can beat primerica's price every time with a freaking northwestern mutual term that tells you a lot.

In other words you'd do well to write yourself another policy to replace that primerica term. And if you're not an agent then I can write it for you ;)

As for LuisB, the career path in life insurance is a scam*, not just primerica. Don't be a captive agent anywhere. If you want to sell insurance, ask around and find out which firm offers the best training (I hear liberty mutual is great) and join them, but plan to leave soon after training is done. It's easy to get hired by an insurance company: when they have you do those stupid market surveys during the interview process, make everything up and tell the managing director that all your friends and friends of friends make 300k and above. Make sure to get 25% more referrals than they ask you (they usually ask for 100 names, give them 125 or 150). You're hired on the spot.

I noticed someone else ask the question of why the word scam applies. It applies because people are blatantly lied to during recruitment. They bring new people in 4-6 times a year so they can introduce senior reps to their warm markets, then burn out and leave. Compare the two following things:

1) The career agency path in a life insurance company

2) Get a regular sales job (you know, an actual "job" in which you are actually compensated for your work, even if it's $15/hr) that gets you sales experience, get a 2-15 license on the side, attend webinars to learn product (when you get hired as a captive agent they don't teach you product anyway) and find a brokerage that's willing to get you contracted with a couple of companies. Depending on your market, some good choices of companies to get contracted with are transamerica, north american, assurity, metlife.

With option 2 you get to:
A- Make 2-3x as much money on each case you open within your warm market as option 1 since you didn't have to split your commission in half with some asswipe who doesn't even know a thing about finance anyway, and since the commission rates for firms like trans are usually way higher than the commissions for career agency firms like guardian or pru

B- Not have to sit through the awkwardness of luring your friends into this trap of meeting with a salesman they didn't want to meet with

C- Actually have income to hold you over when you can't sell a damn thing... you know, once your warm market runs out.

D- Not be under massive pressure when you run out of warm market and stop making money... Selling outside your warm mkt is hard enough without having some dingleberry breathing down your neck every day. Btw these guys who are in charge of "motivating" agents are usually failed agents themselves.

I have a head ache.. ;-)

Back