Process Involved with Getting Set Up? Just a Couple Questions

PANewbie

Expert
Hello,

Here's my situation, I'm getting ready to start my pre-licensing courses and know when I'm finished I will want to be an independent. Would companies such as Health Choice One and/or Brokers Alliance be willing to sign me on being I'm newly licensed? WIll they put production requirements in front of me?
I'm a totally independent guy looking to start slow, learn the business and make the transition to full time down the road. I own a 2 unit commercial building which I currently lease out but can see myself operating an office out of someday, great location for the business too. I feel I have a book of business with my current career as a commodities trader that I can tap into with insurance business (+/- 350 business owners). I just really don't want to bust my butt for anyone else and if I can't get appointments with carriers without "experience" I'm not sure I'd want to invest my time.

Thanks for any responses and thank you for the great forum!
Gary

yes

Probably not.

Best to ask them. Some companies will un-appoint you if you turn in no business after a year or so, but none of them have ever given me a production requirement upfront to get appointed. Securities are different and there are some minimum production requirements, but insurance generally does not, at least with the FMO's I am appointed through.

I'm with Health Choice One, and have been since I started (all of those...days ago). Not only did they have no problem with me being newly licensed, they actually started working with me before I was licensed to make sure I got started on the right track.

They are great to work with, with one caveat: you need to keep a close eye on your contracts as they go through. I think they grew much faster than they expected and their organizational structure is still trying to catch up a little to their newfound size. If you send them paperwork, track it until you know it's where it needs to be. This is, honestly, a very minor thing to deal with when you consider how awesome HCO is.

I suggest calling Health Choice One and getting an initial evaluation set up with Scott Slutzker. He's an awesome guy and will, very patiently, answer just about any question you can throw at him.

edit: D'oh, forgot to add: I have zero production requirements.

Love that hat Souldeux
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also is your website the one they provide souldeux? if not where do you buy content?

Last edited:
Love that hat Souldeux
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also is your website the one they provide souldeux? if not where do you buy content?

I love that hat. I'm so glad they hired someone to carry it around at the inauguration.

The website is not the standard HCO one, which (I think) is a little blah. It's one of my own making, and the content is stuff I've written myself.

You will have no problems getting set up with a GA such as HeatlhChoiceOne or my General Agency www.TheGeneralAgent.com.

Neither one require any production requirement, however contracts in PA for Blue Cross BLue Shield may require that. We can get you with Aetna (Strong in PA), United HealthOne, and Assurant, as well as the Life Carriers such as ING, Fidelity etc...

Hi Gary,
I would very much like to speak with you. I think you would be a perfect fit for our agency. Call me anytime.

Back