Pros and Cons Individual Plans for a Group.

OK, my question was more to the legal side than anything else. I know that "most" of the times you can go around legal things and laws without making yourself a violator.
In Florida Group plans (small groups) are typically 30-50% higher in premium than individual plans. As noted by Moon.
There are some reasons I want to be able to let employers to choose what they want. Specially today. i have spoken with some employer who are willing to help their employees by providing them with an extra benefit and when I present a group plan they just can't even think about it. Still, they will like to have the opportunity to do something. Individual plan is a good way to help the person who needs coverage. No, factors most favor the choice, health, pre-ex etc have to be OK. Providing this is the case, employees will be happier, employer will be happy, production will increase and this ^%& country will do better!!! I'm just trying to help them by helping myself :1laugh:

The group needs to be healthy. Most important the owner and his family need to be healthy.

If they are and you can get everyone approved you can set up HSA plan and the owner can contribute money to the employees HSA accounts.

Hold up a sec... are you saying the biz owner can contribute money into the employees' HSA for the purpose of paying the IFP premiums? 'Cuz I've been told that premiums canNOT be paid through an HSA.

Maybe I'm just reading you wrong, ABC, but I can't think of another reason that the owner would toss cash in the employees' HSAs. It would be cool if I have been given incorrect info.

'Splain please.

Agent Jane: Welcome to the forum. You are cute so you can post anything and get away with it. Even minimedicals you pimp. We are game for it. I was thinking of getting a cute hairdoo like yours. Do you like my mullet?

Fisher,
ABC said the "owner can contribute money to the employees HSA accounts".

Most all of my employers clients contribute money to the employees HSA.

To pay the premium?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I guess I figured it out. Thank you Google.

Can I pay my health insurance premiums with an HSA?
You can only use your HSA to pay health insurance premiums if you are collecting Federal or State unemployment benefits, or you have COBRA continuation coverage through a former employer.
U.S. Treasury - HSA Frequently Asked Questions

So now my question is--

DS4 said:
Most all of my employers clients contribute money to the employees HSA.

--Why? Am I just being stupid about something? I feel like I'm missing a good selling point...

Last edited:
OK, according to the postings "not related to Jane's hair cut" the way to do it would be by the employer giving some sort of "bonus" or race to the employee to cover all or part of the premium and we all agree the employer can send the consolidated payment to pay all premiums.
Is that correct?

Back