Prospecting Software

agentinsouth

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hat software do you like for keeping track of where personal lines life insurance clients are in your sales funnel?

Active cases in a simple Excel spreadsheet.
- 1 row per case
- Columns for each stage of the case where you insert the date completed: approach, fact-find, casework, case closed, underwriting / rollover / ACAT, etc., Policy Delivery, Professional Introductions

Clients are organized by the oldest spouse's month of birth. I use OneNote as a simple solution because I can store client files, computer files, and make notes. Each client is organized into monthly tabs.
- Contact 2x per year for check-ins and annual reviews.

I would recommend reading the OCS Textbook "Building a Financial Services Clientele" or VSA's online book "Building Your Financial Services Practice" for simple ideas... and then you can computerize them.

One Card System » Building a Financial Services Clientele

Book on Building a Practice

Last edited:
I use excel as well but I also use custom fields I built in Wealthbox CRM software. You want to look at how much permanent insurance you are selling to let say clients who make more than 100K. Or you can search for clients who you sold term and look for permanent opportunities based on income. Overtime you can see your weaknesses or missed opportunities. If you are good at Linkedin and you do full fact finds, you can also track clients annual raise date or benefits change date. That is a great time to call them as they need our help, also they will refer you to their coworker. LinkedIn can you a rough estimate how frequently your prospect changes jobs or gets promoted, both great sales opportunities. it is sometimes hard to mine your client data just with Excel.

Back