Public Service Announcement

"I got to say I was shocked at the culture of the forum when I joined. I still am, but I have had some time now to adjust."
I got to say I'm shocked that you were shocked. I'm pleased you have adjusted to the Forum as it would have been too much to ask to have everyone here adjust to you.

I always have these great comebacks and then I have to self edit. I don't have the luxury of being anonymous, since I am only here to "sell something" and reek of "Pimp sauce" even though I would say 94% of my posts have nothing to do with my group and have everything to do with the content of the threads I participate in.

How different would this thread be if we all erased anonymity, I assume it would be much more polite and professional.

I would say not being Anonymous does change my level of interaction with the group.

Might be a good practice, "Post and reply as if you had zero anonymity" - the whole tone of the forum would change over night.

Last edited:
-------------------;):biggrin:;):biggrin:;):biggrin:---------------------

I'm not anonymous at all. I just don't see the need to post my information on every single comment I make.

Gooner gives out some good info.

I edited your post for easier skimming by the general public!

----------

That's for posting this.
As a newbie, I was greeted very rudely in my first attempt at starting a thread.
Been gun shy to post since.

When I was new to the forum I was treated the same...so I thought that was part of the forums culture (which it is, but Sam assures me he is working to change that). That being said, some of the guys that gave me the hardest time have turned into valuable resources...Instead of laying down to one poster in particular, I jumped back...from then on he pretty much left me alone.

I do think it's hard to pick up on sarcasm through text and a lot of things get misinterpreted.

Glad to have you...keep on posting!

Apparently my words struck a nerve today and I was rewarded. Thank you so much for the beautiful gift, Sam. You do a great service to us by providing this forum. I was just venting a bit. Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140911_145848.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140911_145848.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 18
  • ForumRunner_20140911_145927.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140911_145927.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
To all the new guys- keep posting. Ask your questions, answer the ones you can. Participate any way you can. Take the snark with a grain of salt. Your skin will get thicker. Mine sure has. I've even made friends with the worst of the bunch. It took me 5 years! Don't wait as long as I did. You'll be missing out on great stuff.

To all the new guys- keep posting. Ask your questions, answer the ones you can. Participate any way you can. Take the snark with a grain of salt. Your skin will get thicker. Mine sure has. I've even made friends with the worst of the bunch. It took me 5 years! Don't wait as long as I did. You'll be missing out on great stuff.

And don't be afraid to use the private message function. Even the snarkiest of posters have been sweet and helpful when I called and asked for advice.

HUGE SEPT TO FEB DISCLAIMER....

Its Medicare Open Enrollment.
Its ACA Open Enrollment.

Anyone selling these products (especially ACA where we are dealing with major issues daily) are a little on edge. You need to cut them (including me) some slack if we get snarky.

Back