Public Service Announcement

I wish we could add stickys on using the search function though. It really does work.

When I made my first post, someone immediately commented that they thought I was drunk!

That comment got deleted after I fired back. I've been on plenty of internet forums.

Thick skin or stay home - pics or it didn't happen.

We are a community of professionals. Collectively, we are an amazing bunch, that has answers to just about everything under the sun- insurance related or not. People frequent this site to get answers to tough questions, and we deliver. My problem is in the delivery. We are really nasty to the new kids. REALLY nasty. In the ACA-FL sub, a guy asked a simple question. He got nothing but snark. Why do we have to do this? He took it in stride, but I felt the need to apologize because they took it too far. I know all about the search feature. But sometimes we want more up to date information. So we ask. And then we get hit with the jerk stick, really hard. By doing this, we are pushing away some really great people that might have a lot to add to our community. I am pretty tough, so I can handle the snark, but I've also been around long enough to expect it. Some of these newbies just want to learn from us in a safe forum. Can't we all just get along? Treat people like you would like to be treated. I will also say that the referrals go to the nice people. . .

I 100% agree.

I have noticed about 4 people are consistently rude! I love the justification in other posts for their actions :)

Real leaders lead by action, not sarcasm.

Back