Question About Equity Index Annuities

You all should have been using my "special" blend. You buy tech stocks in the late 80's internet stocks in the mid 90's you then sell them in 2000. Then with my blend, you buy real estate in Florida, Arizona, and Las Vegas. You then sell the real estate in 2005-6 and invest in Gold and find this kid named Zuckerberg or something and invest in his business and go short Bear Stearns.................. :twitchy:

I wish I had a time machine too.

Again I would just invest in perhaps 30% S & P and 70% total bond market. Very little volatility and seems to easily outperform the annuity. And no liquidity risk. That can't be understated.
chart-compare-aggreg.jpg

Joining this thread late but couple items of interest that I wanted to throw out there (who know, maybe they already were).

1.We realize this chart features an American Equity product that is no longer available?

2a. In the few posts that I read am I understanding this consumer is arguing against FIAs?

2b. Related to last question. We realized that the allocation between this exact bond index and the S&P 500 is an available strategy within an FIA right?

Someone correct me if I'm off base here.

Joining this thread late but couple items of interest that I wanted to throw out there (who know, maybe they already were).

1.We realize this chart features an American Equity product that is no longer available?

2a. In the few posts that I read am I understanding this consumer is arguing against FIAs?

2b. Related to last question. We realized that the allocation between this exact bond index and the S&P 500 is an available strategy within an FIA right?

Someone correct me if I'm off base here.

You are not wrong.

Not only that, but the Ultra Value from NWL would have beat the equity portfolio.

Also, the annualized Bond return on that chart was around 7.5%... over the past decade it has only averaged around 5%... so it is not a realistic assumption to use for the current economic climate.

But, I do admit that I am a big fan of Bond Index allocations in an equity portfolio for ages 55+.

You are not wrong.

Not only that, but the Ultra Value from NWL would have beat the equity portfolio.

Also, the annualized Bond return on that chart was around 7.5%... over the past decade it has only averaged around 5%... so it is not a realistic assumption to use for the current economic climate.

But, I do admit that I am a big fan of Bond Index allocations in an equity portfolio for ages 55+.

Yup I know the product.

Even aside from the "equities" portfolio. I just meant the strategy within an FIA platform that is a Barclays and S&P volatility index. Without arguing other options.... gives Drifting the best of both world. Or so it would seem

Latest posts

Back