Question About P&C Pay?

Hey everybody, New to the forum, I was browsing and read a lot of interesting stuff and wanted to post a simple yet opinion based question. I work for a corporate insurance company and make anywhere from. 70-85k a year depending on my volume of sales. How is this for being in the industry for 2 years in my early 20s. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks !

----------

Also it's home and auto sales. No commercial, no health.

Hey everybody, New to the forum, I was browsing and read a lot of interesting stuff and wanted to post a simple yet opinion based question. I work for a corporate insurance company and make anywhere from. 70-85k a year depending on my volume of sales. How is this for being in the industry for 2 years in my early 20s. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks !

----------

Also it's home and auto sales. No commercial, no health.

You live in NYC or something? That's a lot to make (working for somebody else..) and selling personal lines p&c

You live in NYC or something? That's a lot to make (working for somebody else..) and selling personal lines p&c

Sounds like a liberty mutual agent..

80k in your early 20's with any job is good. Are you getting paid renewals or is this all new business?

What state are you in? Sounds like you're doing great. Are you with a captive or Indy agent?

Disclaimer (I'm slightly gloating here but the facts remain..)

I write about the same number of policies per month (myself..) and I take home over $250,000 per year. There is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE between you & I other then the fact I opened my own agency & have built renewals. I keep all the financial rewards of my effoRts.

If you're able to write that much business (even if the leads are provided by the agency..) you're developing serious closing skills, phone skills, people skills etc. Set a goal to open your own agency & if you continue those numbers you'll be making a boat load of money in a few years. I didn't wise up until I was 26 & wasted a few years being an *** producer before buckling down & opening my own shop. If you're bringing that business in on your own...get out now and open your own place. If not, identify how that agency is doing it & duplicate his efforts.

P.S. 250k where I live is like 700k in NYC

Last edited:
Back