Question about short term auto insurance

If you go with an agent there is a chance that he/she will not be able to write based on their carriers rules. If you search online and quote/bind online you may get the policy issued easier. Be prepared,however, for the email that informs you that your policy is being canceled. If you live in Maryland there is MAIF and you cannot be denied so long as you pay the premium

Good thing it's not student loans! It will probably haunt you for the next decade or so. Thankfully we live in a country that allows people to make mistakes and get a second chance

If you go with an agent there is a chance that he/she will not be able to write based on their carriers rules. If you search online and quote/bind online you may get the policy issued easier. Be prepared,however, for the email that informs you that your policy is being canceled. If you live in Maryland there is MAIF and you cannot be denied so long as you pay the premium

Damn I really wish I lived in Maryland hah. Thank you!

Good thing it's not student loans! It will probably haunt you for the next decade or so. Thankfully we live in a country that allows people to make mistakes and get a second chance

Oh yeah, but if it were student loans maybe I’d at least be a doctor (specifically a breast augmentation doc) and able to afford it.

Jake, buy the minimum limits, pay monthly, cancel the policy when you no longer own the car.

That's the best you're going to get with any insurance company.

Even insurance companies that sell insurance by the mile, charge you a basic minimum monthly premium and you pay a mileage rate on top of that.

Jake, buy the minimum limits, pay monthly, cancel the policy when you no longer own the car.

That's the best you're going to get with any insurance company.

Even insurance companies that sell insurance by the mile, charge you a basic minimum monthly premium and you pay a mileage rate on top of that.

Dang, that's really unfortunate, but honestly, I don't suspect it'll cost me too much to just use my regular insurance and add it. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any "temporary" or "quick add, and cheap" liability-only type specialty insurances. It doesn't sound like there are, thanks everyone for the input!

Dang, that's really unfortunate, but honestly, I don't suspect it'll cost me too much to just use my regular insurance and add it.

Adding it? Like on to a policy on another car that you own?

Heck, that's your best option. Add it, get the multi-car discount for a few months, delete it when you get rid of the car.

No spinning your wheels looking for numerous quotes.

No underwriting BS to go through.

I've done that on my own auto insurance.

Back