Question For EFES Agents

sknyrd77

Expert
I'm about to start work with Equita in Ms. They did a "lead drop" this past week. My question is: do you phone your leads in advance to try and arrange an apointment, or just show up at their house "unannounced"? I really apreciate any input. Thanks!

I'm about to start work with Equita in Ms. They did a "lead drop" this past week. My question is: do you phone your leads in advance to try and arrange an apointment, or just show up at their house "unannounced"? I really apreciate any input. Thanks!

I would say door knock, but I don't do it so it may not be the most effective way.

I thought EFES trained you on what to do. Do you just buy your leads from them, and you're on your own. DON"T LET THEM PUT YOU IN THE POOR HOUSE. Charging leads on your credit card is a recipe for disaster. Many have tried, most have failed. Companies that sell leads could care less if you end up broke as long as they made some money off of you. If their leads are not panning out, get out quick and try something else.

I hope they train you, give you guidance, and I hope you do very well and make a ton of money.:) I have a script you can use if you would like to call them unless EFES has their own. I only charge $595.00 for it. Just joking..... Give me your email if you need it.

Last edited:
Guess I "phrased" the question wrong. I should have said which do you PREFER to do... as there is no "right or wrong". *Iv'e been in the life business about 10 years now and have done my share of both.I have worked with Liberty Nat. and United Insurance of America, but I have never bought leads in "bulk" and was curious which method was prefered. Iv'e heard both sides from various people on Equita's online training site, but wanted to hear from some of the "newer" agents (2 years or less) with Equita . Bythe way, I'm near north Ms. Thanks

Call and set appointments with as many as you can. Door knock the people that don't answer with the lead card and a big smile in hand.

To start work with Equita you have to take both the approach. Here you should target your customer by any means and anyhow. The main target is that you have to communicate as much as possible with the targetted people.

I was contracted under EFES in 2012. My experience with them started out ok, and quickly turned into an absolute nightmare:

The leads showed up in my initial zip code as requested - by the way, they aren't qualified for tobacco, cancer, etc., whatsoever - and they advertise qualified leads right on their website. Total nonsense - I would call places whereby the residents had moved months in advance, or in some cases, had died. And they weren't clear about their return policy either - individuals have to send lead cards back saying the person they were intended for has died in order to get credit? Who's family member is sending back lead cards saying their loved ones have passed? Total nonsense that wasn't explained to me when the EFES manager pitched me the EFES "service" over the phone.

About a week into the service, I immediately changed my mailing zip code to a city closer to me, since I was driving almost an hour and a half to my initial mailing zone. The EFES staff was very slow to reply to emails, and in a few cases my direct "marketing manager" failed to respond to emails completely regarding leads that I thought I deserved credit for. I was bewildered by it. In addition to this, there were some EFES sales materials and whitepapers that I needed additional copies of, and upon contacting my EFES manager for them, seemed to have NO IDEA what I was talking about. I exchanged 7-10 emails describing the papers they had ALREADY SENT ME and needed additional copies of, and I never got them. Couldn't download them off the website either. I was very frustrated to put it lightly.

A short while later, on a conference call with myseld and other agents, one agent did not have enough money pay for his leads, and his credit card was declined. The EFES manager on the phone demanded that we removed overdraft protection on our credit cards in the event we did not have enough cash to pay for leads - as a function of improving our "sales work ethic" - and then demanded an EMAIL CONFIRMATION from each of us saying that we had done so. I did not comply with this.

Then this happened - a fellow agent and friend of mine cancelled the service - one who operated close by to me, and at the same time, I stopped getting leads in my inbox. I received no leads for almost a month, and received a conference call from several EFES managers claiming that they were having "administrative difficulty" trying to get lead cards from the new zip code that I had requested in my first week of the service. They then told me that they had leads from my friend who was also working for EFES and wanted to give them to me. I denied these leads, requested the ones I wanted originally, and later on received a TEXT MESSAGE from my direct upline saying "We're going to move forward with giving you [agent's] leads, when I was a young agent, I too had to drive quite an hour plus" - this is all totally 100% true. I received the other agents leads anyway, and that is when I put a stop payment on my credit card, without notice to the company. I am now in a lega dispute with EFES on what I owe, and do not owe.

All of the above is 100% true. No embellishments. On top of commission chargebacks, I would be very wary of signing with EFES.

I was contracted under EFES in 2012. My experience with them started out ok, and quickly turned into an absolute nightmare:

The leads showed up in my initial zip code as requested - by the way, they aren't qualified for tobacco, cancer, etc., whatsoever - and they advertise qualified leads right on their website. Total nonsense - I would call places whereby the residents had moved months in advance, or in some cases, had died. And they weren't clear about their return policy either - individuals have to send lead cards back saying the person they were intended for has died in order to get credit? Who's family member is sending back lead cards saying their loved ones have passed? Total nonsense that wasn't explained to me when the EFES manager pitched me the EFES "service" over the phone.

About a week into the service, I immediately changed my mailing zip code to a city closer to me, since I was driving almost an hour and a half to my initial mailing zone. The EFES staff was very slow to reply to emails, and in a few cases my direct "marketing manager" failed to respond to emails completely regarding leads that I thought I deserved credit for. I was bewildered by it. In addition to this, there were some EFES sales materials and whitepapers that I needed additional copies of, and upon contacting my EFES manager for them, seemed to have NO IDEA what I was talking about. I exchanged 7-10 emails describing the papers they had ALREADY SENT ME and needed additional copies of, and I never got them. Couldn't download them off the website either. I was very frustrated to put it lightly.

A short while later, on a conference call with myseld and other agents, one agent did not have enough money pay for his leads, and his credit card was declined. The EFES manager on the phone demanded that we removed overdraft protection on our credit cards in the event we did not have enough cash to pay for leads - as a function of improving our "sales work ethic" - and then demanded an EMAIL CONFIRMATION from each of us saying that we had done so. I did not comply with this.

Then this happened - a fellow agent and friend of mine cancelled the service - one who operated close by to me, and at the same time, I stopped getting leads in my inbox. I received no leads for almost a month, and received a conference call from several EFES managers claiming that they were having "administrative difficulty" trying to get lead cards from the new zip code that I had requested in my first week of the service. They then told me that they had leads from my friend who was also working for EFES and wanted to give them to me. I denied these leads, requested the ones I wanted originally, and later on received a TEXT MESSAGE from my direct upline saying "We're going to move forward with giving you [agent's] leads, when I was a young agent, I too had to drive quite an hour plus" - this is all totally 100% true. I received the other agents leads anyway, and that is when I put a stop payment on my credit card, without notice to the company. I am now in a lega dispute with EFES on what I owe, and do not owe.

All of the above is 100% true. No embellishments. On top of commission chargebacks, I would be very wary of signing with EFES.

you experience is so true, there are many prior posts like this on the forum. The leads business is fraught with dishonesty

Back