Question (newer agent here)

Do I have a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also OP you are drinking the koolaid too hard ... relax acting like they are some mythical creature in the FE world. You can make money with them. You can make the money you said with them. Unless you gulp the koolaid you won’t be there more than a few years and I wouldn’t suggest it. I also wouldn’t trust any of these recruiters at all. Be smart.
There’s no way to predict how someone will do in this biz. If you have the right work ethic and everything goes just right from the jump, you can make it within most any system; but, get in the wrong one and the road is long and littered with lots of jagged rocks, be prepared to bleed and not just from your feet; the bright side is that it builds character:)

Will I have a shot at matching my 70k income if I put in say, 12 hours 6-7 days a week for the next year? With no prior sales experience, other than my mentor taking me out on the field with him.. Thanks in advance for any responses!

I don't understand why you'd go by hours rather than running your metrics. Now I see how LH is able to recruit so well, (or so I hear). When you run some metrics you'll see the importance of commission level, among other things.

No I don’t want to be captive but LH technically isn’t a captive company. I still have contracts with my other imo so if I get referrals I can go sell an iul to their kids or something or do an annuity. And again, what does it matter if I get undercut as long as I maintain a decent persistency and write enough AP to not worry about it? I like what David Duford says about LH agents that their best bet is to sell the FCGS. I’m only doing this til the next better opportunity hits me and I’m ready to move on to the next thing. And again, I’ve seen the persistency ratings, I’ve seen the 1099’s. I’m convinced it’s possible to achieve success in the company.

I guess we’ll see though. I’ll have to revisit this thread in a year and let you guys know how it turns out :)

I don't understand why you'd go by hours rather than running your metrics. Now I see how LH is able to recruit so well, (or so I hear). When you run some metrics you'll see the importance of commission level, among other things.
I’ve never worked with LH, nor would I ever, but if they have such terrific training, as some have suggested, maybe it’s worth it to some folks to take a royal screwing for a couple of years.

No I don’t want to be captive but LH technically isn’t a captive company. I still have contracts with my other imo so if I get referrals I can go sell an iul to their kids or something or do an annuity. And again, what does it matter if I get undercut as long as I maintain a decent persistency and write enough AP to not worry about it? I like what David Duford says about LH agents that their best bet is to sell the FCGS. I’m only doing this til the next better opportunity hits me and I’m ready to move on to the next thing. And again, I’ve seen the persistency ratings, I’ve seen the 1099’s. I’m convinced it’s possible to achieve success in the company.

I guess we’ll see though. I’ll have to revisit this thread in a year and let you guys know how it turns out :)
Go with your gut feelings and get out there and produce some inventory for the rest of us:)

Here’s the problem your facing:

LH is overpriced. FE is a lower income market. You sell a policy and get your 9m advance.

Do you think some Indy agent isn’t going to eventually market to your guy? When he offers the exact same policy for 30 dollars less a month, you’ve lost him. That’s on top of natural drop-off of buyers due to light bill vs insurance bill.

Legit, I hate advances. I get that people need them to eat, but f@ck if I want to get trapped into a chargeback that I can’t afford.
I LOVE LH

Every time I talk to a client and he says he received a quote from an agent of LH it's a piece of cake sale

The guy needs to net $50k+ year 1. Not sure if focusing on a renewal based product out the gate is wise.

Our agents focus on Final Expense out the gate. If you can’t write $2500+ per week off 20-25 leads, there’s obviously something wrong. At triple digit commissions and leads costing less than $20 a pop, you could easily hit the numbers you’re looking for year 1.

Once you have FE down, we can show you how to integrate Annuity sales into your repertoire. You just bird dog for the money. Our annuity team will shop for the best product, run all the illustrations and even help you close it in the house. Average annuity nets $8000-$10,000 in commission.

We’ve found that out of every 100 FE prospects, you’ll find 5-6 annuity prospects. Wish I’d a known about that years ago. Blows my mind that folks in a double wide making $1500 a month has $200,000+ in a 401k or 403b, but we see it all the time.

Then once you’re firing on all cylinders there, you can add in Medicare to build the renewal income.

Now Lincoln is notorious for starting people at 60-80% commission. They are also a one trick pony. Which is good. You want to focus on one thing off the start. But they have no other options.

Plus you’ll never know how much you’re gonna get paid. They’ll be holding back money for leads, you’ll get lower comp for direct express and because you only have one product, you’ll easily write 25-30% modified at much lower comp.

Our agency writes less than 6% AIG. Everything else is written level or at least at full commission.

If you have sales experience, are coachable, have a good work ethic and good money management skills, then yeah, you could swing for the fences and replace your current income easily.

If not, get a pizza delivery job or Uber for nights and weekends and sell during the day. That’s what I did, many moons ago.
Annuities!!!!!! I’ve got to reevaluate my business plan, most of my clients have trouble paying their water bill:)

Annuities!!!!!! I’ve got to reevaluate my business plan, most of my clients have trouble paying their water bill:)

Yeah I don't know how they get around the rigorous suitability requirements to get them issued. And if they do have proper liquidity or cash flow, why not sell a SPWL instead of fe for the death benefit, or maybe they do.

You saying it doesn’t make it true ? You are not stating facts and I guarantee your failure rate is the same as everyone else’s. You are giving blanket statements to a guy asking if he can make it. He can. Fuk anyone that says he can’t. All you recruiters literally sweat trying to get a well trained Lincoln heritage producer.

This isn’t rocket science ? Of course not. Rocket scientists can’t sell FE. Come up with some of your own phrases kid.

Medicare millionair lol you the Indian guy selling a bitcoin Ponzi scheme I know ?!

I haven’t been called a kid for decades. Thank you my friend!

Back