question on going independant.

I am in Florida.Commission is 45% of 1st month premium. No residuals and no chargebacks. I know it is low but I need to learn somewhere. I have only been an agent for 3 months however in sales for 14 years. This place stresses one call close. If clients are unwilling to submit app and payment info then we move on to next call. They provide 500 - 1000 leads daily and between 22 agents we close 35 -45 deals daily.Someone is making the money.

When you are on your own submitting apps to the carriers are you permitted to esign for the customer if customer authorizes you to do so? Sorry if this is a lame question, I have only worked for one place and this appears to be the way they do it. We have had employees from the carriers observe our operation and have not said anythng about it.

When you are on your own submitting apps to the carriers are you permitted to esign for the customer if customer authorizes you to do so? Sorry if this is a lame question, I have only worked for one place and this appears to be the way they do it. We have had employees from the carriers observe our operation and have not said anythng about it.

Can't say that we are permitted. This doesn't mean agents don't do it. However, Humana actually tracks IP addresses and if they find out the signature was from your computer, you could lose your appointment. This is what I heard and I am not willing to put it to the test.

Here's a good place to start: it's spelled independent.

As someone who went independent more than a year ago, do alot of game planning before making the jump. Game plan your budget, your marketing, your carriers, visit with other independents in your area or on the forum to gather advice/imput/suggestions. Have as many ducks in a row as absolutely possible to set yourself up for success.

In Florida I have seen an abundance of terminations on GR. In fact, it put an agency out of business. GR stopped giving them advances. I'm glad I went to the senior market. Less crap.

When I started in the insurance market I sold cancer plans "door to door 'til there ain't no more". Evidently cold-calling is a lost art and most of us drive past more business in a day than we could write in a week because we're tentative about introducing ourselves to strangers. It's my opinion that a newbie who pays $8-$10 for a name on a piece of paper that is made available to his leading 8-10 competitors is pretty soon going to realize that he has more money going out than is coming in.

Back