Questions About Quickly Doubling My Content by Blogging in 30-60 Days

I'm still trying to learn this SEO stuff. Wanted to run this past everyone and see what they think. I'm getting decent traffic but not great. I see some agents on here getting much more traffic than I get, and most preach that "content is king".

My blog currently has about 60 entries. If I committed to writing one blog entry a day for two months, or two blogs a day for one month, would it be reasonable to expect my traffic to double?

another question: there seems to be two schools of thought here. Am I better off writing 200 word blogs or 500 word blogs. I understand the pros and cons. Longer blogs hit more keywords, shorter blogs keep people's attention. which do you think is better?

last question: I have a habit of having unfinished drafts in my blog. Then I later get on a roll and finish them all in one day. So suppose I were to knock out 5 articles at once... should I publish them all in one day, or spread them out? Or does it not matter?

Blog posts of 500 words or more are nice. Skip quantity and go for quality. Target a long-tail phrase each time and write intelligently and uniquely.

Re spreading them out? I don't know. Ask folks like Val, Mark, Dave and others. Maybe Bear Bryant's grandson although he's a Vols fan.

I usually publish articles as soon as I write them, but you can do what's called "drip feeding" where you schedule the post to be published at certain times. Say you have 5 articles, you can drip feed them every other day so you don't have to update your blog for a week.

I think 500 words is a good length, but you can mix it up with shorter and longer articles. What matters more is that your articles are original and cover important information that people are searching for.

It is better to write 1 quality article that people are likely to share, than 100 low-quality articles that no one will read.

If your concern is traffic, then I would be buying advertising more than writing articles. You can spend the next 6 months writing articles and not get any more traffic, but if you spend the next 6 months promoting and advertising your website, then you will get traffic.

I'm still trying to learn this SEO stuff. Wanted to run this past everyone and see what they think. I'm getting decent traffic but not great. I see some agents on here getting much more traffic than I get, and most preach that "content is king".

My blog currently has about 60 entries. If I committed to writing one blog entry a day for two months, or two blogs a day for one month, would it be reasonable to expect my traffic to double?

another question: there seems to be two schools of thought here. Am I better off writing 200 word blogs or 500 word blogs. I understand the pros and cons. Longer blogs hit more keywords, shorter blogs keep people's attention. which do you think is better?

last question: I have a habit of having unfinished drafts in my blog. Then I later get on a roll and finish them all in one day. So suppose I were to knock out 5 articles at once... should I publish them all in one day, or spread them out? Or does it not matter?

To answer one specific question, doubling content and expecting double the traffic is fairly unrealistic.

Well, from a certain point of view, you could say content is certainly King. In fact, there are websites out there that have thousands of articles, in fact I saw one the other day that had about one half-million index articles, so they are most definitely in authority in Google's eyes. So if you had a broad-based insurance website, you could get a lot of longtail traffic, if you have enough articles indexed, and not try to rank for the big keywords.

And regarding the quality of the content on your own website, not only does it have to, be unique in the eyes of the search engines, meaning there are no other copies of the content currently indexed, but it needs to be engaging enough, so that your visitor converts into a lead.

Now there is the other side of the token, where you can have a one page website, bringing in thousands of visitors a day, but that is a temporary situation, though you can make a boatload of money doing pump and dump lead generation websites.

But let's say that you want a long-term website, all assume that your content is unique and engaging, you need to make sure they are on page Seo factors are tight.

-Keyword Density not over 2%
-Bold/Underline/Italize keywords
-Add Images/Videos with keyword in the Alt tags
-Internally link to relevant articles within your own site
-Link out to Authority Sites on the subject of your article.

The Basics of on page seo..

Then you'll want to start on backlinking, which is the majority of what any SEO person does on a daily basis.

You have to ask yourself if the niche or group of keywords you are going after supports, 30 to 60 new blog post a month. And keep a mind not to, keep writing generic articles over and over again, as I have seen some people do.

You'll want to map out the main keywords and supplemental keywords that you want to rank for. And usually you will create an article for each keyword group.

As an Example, if you were targeting health insurance terms, your homepage would probably target the big terms , such as health insurance quotes/affordable health insurance/cheap health insurance, if you had a nationwide site----or maybe if you had a state-based or regional site, such as Florida health insurance, the homepage would go after terms such as Florida health insurance/health insurance Florida/health insurance in Florida.

Then we would have sub pages for related keywords, and these could be topics, just off the top of my head,

-Local insurance terms (like Miami health insurance/Tampa health insurance).
-Health insurance carrier terms
-ETC.

I hope you get the idea

Depends on the keyword (is there enough to say--to justify a 500-1000 word post?) , but I will try to keep at least 300 words in length for articles on your lead generation site.

Well I think it's better to schedule them out, so it looks like to the SE's that your blog is regularly updated with content.

"Link out to Authority Sites on the subject of your article."

For example...If you wrote an article about driver license suspensions in your state, I assume you mean linking out to the BMV or something like that? I never did that because I thought I may be losing link juice. So linking out on all pages (one link only) is OK?

Also...images and videos....I rarely have any (perhaps a mistake) because I assume it slows down the load time which Google seems to watch closer these days. So I guess it's OK to stick a pic or video in there? Perhaps one per page?

"Link out to Authority Sites on the subject of your article."

For example...If you wrote an article about driver license suspensions in your state, I assume you mean linking out to the BMV or something like that? I never did that because I thought I may be losing link juice. So linking out on all pages (one link only) is OK?

Yeah, so if you had an article about HSA plans, you might link out to a government page about HSA plans, and/or if you had another site hosted on a different IP address, you can also link out to it to, if the link is relevant (or irrelevant).

The idea basically is that if you looked at like a Wikipedia article or any article from a big new site/or authority site, they usually will link out to multiple sources throughout the article in addition to internally linking to relevant content from their own site (think wikipedia).

Also...images and videos....I rarely have any (perhaps a mistake) because I assume it slows down the load time which Google seems to watch closer these days. So I guess it's OK to stick a pic or video in there? Perhaps one per page?

There's always exceptions, since "according to Google" there are over 200 ranking factors that go into determining your SERP position (ahem....90% backlinks).....the idea is emulate an authority news site, and they almost always include multiple images in the body of the article.....A 300 word Article maybe 1-2 images, 500 words 3-5, etc etc.

If your site is old enough, and it has enough trust built with Google, you can pretty much bypass some/most of the stuff required to rank a younger site (young as in compared to Ehealth which was cached by the wayback machine going back to 1998).

If you look at the results for " florida health insurance"

1 . Ehealth
-no images
-they link out to authority sites (even though they ARE the authority site for health insurance)
-prob less than 150 words in content.

2. Florida Health Insurance: find affordable coverage

---multiple images
-lots of external links
-- not much content really

Then you got sites like Affordable Health Insurance - How and Where To Get It, that break the "rules" by having over 80% over the anchor txt backlinks being their main keyword, no outbound links to authority sites, but the site is very old

Back