Questions for ALL AGENTS

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
What is the typical day for an insurance agent???

When do you call?
How do you prospect, for new and on existing clients?
What do you use to organize data/notes?
Marketing ideas, email, postcards, letters???
Do you work independent or captive and for who?
Do you go to networking meetings BNI, NAIFA, etc?
When do you run appts?

Thanks in advance!

I call mostly business owners when I actually decide to do it.

I buy telemarketed leads.

I take notes on wordpad.

I build websites and rank them up in google for traffic.

I use adwords.

I don't go to meetings, maybe I should.

I don't use direct mail right now.

Indy.

I run appointments anytime and all the time.

I dont by telemarketing lists. I prefer door to door prospecting. Face to face is the best.

I am always prospecting. I always have business cards, and i am always giving them out.

I run appointments anytime any day of the week.

I am Independent.

I work when i want to, and do nothing when I want to!

I do call clients, and people that have asked me to call them, or when i need to reschedule an appointment. I do this randomly throughout the day during my prospecting, and appointment running.

I dont by telemarketing lists. I prefer door to door prospecting. Face to face is the best.

I am always prospecting. I always have business cards, and i am always giving them out.

I run appointments anytime any day of the week.

I am Independent.

I work when i want to, and do nothing when I want to!

I do call clients, and people that have asked me to call them, or when i need to reschedule an appointment. I do this randomly throughout the day during my prospecting, and appointment running.

face to face is the best but you can do a ton on the phone
and then get the face to face set up. I do face to face as well I should have added that.

I have actually been using surveys since 2001.

I just buy Internet leads for seniors statewide and educate them on Medicare or consult with them on plans and then email them a United Healthcare sup or MA with the SOB and app attached that they print out and fax to me. I have an auto responder that keeps in touch with them since I never call back. I'm a one call closer and I get 25% of the people I speak to. I don't take notes. When I get an app, I check it over and call them and then send a thank you note. I designed this for myself as a part time retirement business and after just four years will have a six figure income. That's enough for me. I come and go as I please, no appointments. I dislike anything to do with underwriting. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am tired of hustling. I go to insurance meetings to recruit. Networking events never made me a dime, the people were there because they didn't have any money. I march to a different drummer. I'm not an insurance salesman, I'm a consultant. I spent my life learning easier ways to make more money. I guess I'm lazy and would rather be traveling the country in a motor home, foot loose and fancy free, no grass growing under my feet.

I've spoken with a lot of agents selling them leads. Each one definitely has a slightly different approach. Some prefer to stay very local, other canvas the entire state. It really depends.

Back