Questions on Getting Licensed Again

jay1981

Hello all new to the forum hope to learn a lot of valuable info. Back in 2005 I acquired my life an health license and was going to sell insurance, instead I found another line of work which did not work out so well, so here I am in 2010 is my license still good do I just have to take the continuing education courses to renew it or do I have to start all over.
p.s this is in the state of MN.

Jay1981

Re: ? on Getting Licensed Again

Hello all new to the forum hope to learn a lot of valuable info. Back in 2005 I acquired my life an health license and was going to sell insurance, instead I found another line of work which did not work out so well, so here I am in 2010 is my license still good do I just have to take the continuing education courses to renew it or do I have to start all over.
p.s this is in the state of MN.

Jay1981

Not sure what the laws are in Minn. I'd contact the DOI. Most states won't let you reactivate your license beyond 2 years. So, I think you're back at square one.

Re: ? on Getting Licensed Again

Most likely you'll need to take the test again. It's been five years since you got your original license, outside of any reinstatement period for any state that I'm aware of that allows it. Most states issue for two years and allow your first CE renewal to be satisfied by the test itself (which will likely come up before two years are up), then CE credits are required for the next renewal.

You will have to restart all over again. Some states even fine you for failure to renew...

It has been over 2 years, so redo everything.

Back