Railroad Retirement Board

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I received a call today from a gentleman who wants to review his medicare supplement options. Said he turned 65 in April. Still works for CSX. He is thinkig he might retire in November or December and RRB will set up his Medicare then. Is this how the RRB & MC work ? I haven't worked with a RR retiree yet.

I received a call today from a gentleman who wants to review his medicare supplement options. Said he turned 65 in April. Still works for CSX. He is thinkig he might retire in November or December and RRB will set up his Medicare then. Is this how the RRB & MC work ? I haven't worked with a RR retiree yet.

They usually have a United Healthcare plan that's the same as a Plan F but priced higher than UH Plan F. It might be an issue age plan rather than an attained age.

Most of them that shop it get away from the Rail Road Plan. If I remember right they can buy their supplement elsewhere and keep the Rail Road Drug plan which is pretty good.

He said he had a UHC Plan. I guess we find out when we meet. Plenty of Gs and Fs available in TN market,

Last edited:
He said he had a UHC Plan. I guess we find out when we meet. Plenty of Gs and Fs available in TN market,

It will be an F. But it's priced way higher than you can sell him an F for. Not to mention G or N.

Yeah, he wants the plan with the fewest/lowest deductible. I told him we would look at a few options and go over the advantages and disadvantages of each. He has a lot of questions. Might have to do a one on one seminar!

My dad retired from CSX and what Newby said is correct. It is UHC plan F drug plan is good and they can absolutely switch... some won't just because they believe their union did so much for them and they are really worried about saving 100-200 month.

Back