Rate Class for Police?

fostever

Guru
100+ Post Club
Chicago
All the underwriting guides usually say standard for a police officer with individual consideration. What would be the best possible rate class for a police officer? Does it depend on weather they are detectives, patrol etc.? Anybody have experience with rate class outcomes for police officers for fully underwritten policies?

It will vary from one company to another. It's better to err on the side of caution and quote standard unless you know of something that would most likely result in a below-standard rate such as a health issue, etc. Another factor will be time on the force plus duties. Undercover work is riskier than a school resource officer.

I've seen Transamerica rate a client standard for his occupation: bartender. This was many years ago though.

I have never seen law enforcement or first responders rated due to occupation. I believe rousemark is right.

Thanks,
Talked to underwriting, all possible rate classes available. They may ask in an interview if they are doing undercover etc., but generally not hazardous. Not sure why it was listed in the underwriting handbook as standard or IC. Thanks

Back