Rate Increases and Med Supp Sales

If you're only contracted with 2 MA's and 2 med supps with him it's not too hard of a solution to get out. Contract with ALL of the other companies in the area and after 6 months you're good to go with the other 2 you couldn't write with.

The faster you do this the better.
I waited like 4-5 months after I first thought of it and all it did was delay my residuals 5 months later than I should have been getting them

This isn't so easy...on the med supplement side of things this is not a problem, but for the MA plans in the area that I'm not contracted with...it's just Humana. (I'm not a big fan at all with their coverage) Anthem's MA plans are really strong and I'm afraid a 6 month wait could mean a lot of business lost...unless they allow me to write under another FMO's name until the 6 months is up. (but based on Anthem....this isn't going to happen)

This isn't so easy...on the med supplement side of things this is not a problem, but for the MA plans in the area that I'm not contracted with...it's just Humana. (I'm not a big fan at all with their coverage) Anthem's MA plans are really strong and I'm afraid a 6 month wait could mean a lot of business lost...unless they allow me to write under another FMO's name until the 6 months is up. (but based on Anthem....this isn't going to happen)

That's crazy that theirs only a few MA plans in your area. In my area we have UHC, BCBS, humana, freedom, universal, WellCare, Preferred care, care plus, PUP and I'm probably forgetting a couple.

That's crazy that theirs only a few MA plans in your area. In my area we have UHC, BCBS, humana, freedom, universal, WellCare, Preferred care, care plus, PUP and I'm probably forgetting a couple.

We have AARP, but I'm not a big fan of an HMO...they don't have a PPO here. We have Aetna, but their plans are just as bad as Humana.

When it comes to really good MA plans that have a good PPO plan, Anthem is king here in Ohio. I'm sure I'll have some people disagree but their plans are really good.

We have AARP, but I'm not a big fan of an HMO...they don't have a PPO here. We have Aetna, but their plans are just as bad as Humana.

When it comes to really good MA plans that have a good PPO plan, Anthem is king here in Ohio. I'm sure I'll have some people disagree but their plans are really good.

Anthem's really good plans are also HMO's. Their PPO's are ok, but nothing to write home about. Also, UHC has the better product for some illnesses and depending upon some critical conditions. Also they [UHC] are best for Dual Eligible clients.

Besides, Anthem is pond scum when you must get in the ditch with them to argue and claw about your commissions... Those @%&% have beat me out of more comm this past year... it is always some horseshit reason. In too many cases they have told me one thing when writing the business, and a totally diff story when expecting to be compensated. I'm about done with them, regardless of their products. I'm just sayin.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My apologies, I just looked at the title of the thread, Rate increases on Med Supps, and here I am answering a comment about MA plans. Shame on me and the others who have hijacked the thread...

Last edited:
Back