Rate Your Med Supp Carriers this AEP

MedSuppGuy

I am curious to understand how others would measure their Med Supp Carriers this past AEP. Give me your top five and why?

What do med supp carriers have to do with AEP? Please explain to me as I'm new to insurance.
As you know, AEP is the busiest time of year for most med supp carriers and the agents who sell these products. This is partly due to beneficiaries mistakenly believing AEP is the only time they can change their med sups and also because it's one of only two times per year most can drop an MA for a med sup (the upcoming MADP being the other). I get that you may be a little sarcastic here but it is a reasonable question.

What do med supp carriers have to do with AEP? Please explain to me as I'm new to insurance.

AEP runs from 11/15 to 12/31 and is a time when Medicare beneficiaries can change their supplements without underwriting. After that they are locked in for another year.

If you send me $20/mo I'll teach you this and also why anyone that sells a plan other than F is screwing their clients.

Rick

AEP was crazy busy for us this year and we sold eight supplements to every one Advantage. You can't get them to understand that AEP doesn't apply to them so just roll with it.

We wrote Aetna, CSI, MOO, Oxford and Equitable.

AEP runs from 11/15 to 12/31 and is a time when Medicare beneficiaries can change their supplements without underwriting. After that they are locked in for another year. If you send me $20/mo I'll teach you this and also why anyone that sells a plan other than F is screwing their clients. Rick

Well worth the money! Lol

Last edited:
I wrote mostly Transamerica, MOO, and AARP in Missouri.

Trans was biggest player for me as their rates were most competitive. That is the biggest driver of volume for the most part. AARP is nice for their limited underwriting as well as allowing people to GI off employer coverage onto Plan N.

If you send me $20/mo I'll teach you this and also why anyone that sells a plan other than F is screwing their clients.

I don't understand Medicare, the deductibles, and, coinsurance. Therefore, I sell Plan F. Why would I send you $20 other than to make you rich?

I don't understand Medicare, the deductibles, and, coinsurance. Therefore, I sell Plan F. Why would I send you $20 other than to make you rich?

I'll teach you how to sell Plan F and add a hospital indemnity plan so your client won't have bills if they're hospitalized.

Clearly you are missing the boat here.

Rick

Back