RateLock from Erie Insurance

Dan, Now you have me second guessing myself. Maybe I was in a power-point coma at the meeting. But I do remember the 5% figure being connected to 5 year. I'm still not sure how to manage this endorsement. But I do like them trying something like this.

Print ads....the advertorial type ad has been very good to me over the past several years.

I just had the DC presentation a month ago it's not out in MD yet. How are you guys seeing this go over with your clients? Are they choosing the RPE even if the premium is higher sometimes?

Dan. It's nice to have rate lock. But u lose that lock by making a lot of common changes to the auto policy. U can have a 2 car policy change one car and there goes the rate lock. I was not sold on this concept.

Dan. It's nice to have rate lock. But u lose that lock by making a lot of common changes to the auto policy. U can have a 2 car policy change one car and there goes the rate lock. I was not sold on this concept.

Rate lock is not for everyone. But The family that holds on to vehicles will more than likely benefit a great deal from this...we just had a family with 3 young drivers save $800 a year with this program.

I think it's a nice little niche or sales tool to have in a very flat market right now.

Back