Rating Engine's and Management Systems

jdlash

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've been with Ezlynx well over 10 years now and am not very happy with the service, or the new updates they have been doing. Combine that with the fact that the online quote tool for your website isn't correctly collecting data, or converting like it used to and I'm about over them.

Any other systems out there that you guys like better? What are the costs for them for just a single operator?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, jdlash...

When evaluating a new comparative rater, make sure to check a few things. A lot has changed in rating in the last 10 years.

Carriers on the platform is the most obvious (after price). If the system does not include your most often written carriers, it will not bring you much value. However, if it's missing one carrier you don't regularly write much business with, it may not be a deal breaker. Often carriers will add their rates to a rater based on what you say and use. As an agent, you are the king of the room when it comes to making things happen with your carriers and vendors. Don't forget that.

Second, does it integrate with your agency management system? Does it give you a choice in which management system you choose? Or does a vendor's system lock you into their agency management ecosystem? You should choose the technology that is right for your agency. Like a rater that has the features you want and can integrate with the agency management system you choose.

Also, features. You need a comparative rater that does more than just rating. Does it help you automate the lifecycle of your clients within your agency? Does it help convert them through the use of email marketing? Does it provide you reports to not only tell you who and what you wrote but how well each producer and carrier is performing? Does it provide a fun, online insurance shopping experience for your clients and prospects to get a live rate on your website. Yes, I said fun.

These are just a few things you should be looking at when vetting a comparative rater. As you probably surmised ITC has been offering comparative rating to insurance agents since 1985. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us (800) 383-3482 or learn more at GetITC.com.

What state are you in?

Back