Real Help for New Agent's

Dannyboi210

Expert
To all new agent's out there, it can be really frustrating when first getting started! What does a new agent need in order to have a fighting chance?

A steady stream of qualified prospects.

Everything else is secondary. You could be the worse salesperson on earth, but if you talk to enough qualified prospects someone will buy. Yes, you'd eventually go broke, but you might figure out how to sell first.

If you have sales skills but no prospects, you definitely will go broke, no two ways about it.

How you find the prospects is up to you. Cold calling, D2D, B2B, leads, etc.

To keep an even keel and keep working. Two things trip up an agent... not enough success early and too much success early.

Not enough success makes it hard to keep working as nothing seems to work. You have to look at what you're doing, but you have to keep doing.

Too much success makes it hard to keep working as everything seems to work.
You begin to think this is an easy profession and you can make sales anytime you want. Well the magic disappears without warning and if you haven't been working all that time, it becomes hard to restart the effort.

You have to try to be consistent in your efforts, try not to get too up or down as both will kill your business.

To all new agent's out there, it can be really frustrating when first getting started! What does a new agent need in order to have a fighting chance?

What market are you going to make your focus?

It would be a very different IMO for help for someone wanting to sell term by phone than for someone wanting to pursue a career in FE.

Hello friends,
Just passed the Life exam and planning to start my second innings in sales in the exciting world of Insurance Industry from NJ with NY Life.
Bit hesitant about soliciting business from friends and relatives.
Appreciate suggestions.
Thanks

To keep an even keel and keep working. Two things trip up an agent... not enough success early and too much success early.

Not enough success makes it hard to keep working as nothing seems to work. You have to look at what you're doing, but you have to keep doing.

Too much success makes it hard to keep working as everything seems to work.
You begin to think this is an easy profession and you can make sales anytime you want. Well the magic disappears without warning and if you haven't been working all that time, it becomes hard to restart the effort.

You have to try to be consistent in your efforts, try not to get too up or down as both will kill your business.

Bingo! know that first hand… Now I could just kill myself.

Hello friends,
Just passed the Life exam and planning to start my second innings in sales in the exciting world of Insurance Industry from NJ with NY Life.
Bit hesitant about soliciting business from friends and relatives.
Appreciate suggestions.
Thanks

The bigger hesitancy should be who you are going to be soliciting to after you are done with friends and relatives. If a firm isn't offering you a platform, idea or structure to build a business before friends and family, do you think they will after?

Back