Really Guys?

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
A consumer found his way to our part of the forum and asked some great questions. He got some really great answers. Then he got to see some snark. Which I'm sure he wasn't expecting to see. Nor should he have seen.

May I remind you all that we shouldn't be showing our true colors with the consumers that stop by. . .

I feel like this forum's mom. Knock it off! Sheesh.
Let's keep the snark away from the consumers.
Thank you.

A consumer found his way to our part of the forum and asked some great questions. He got some really great answers. Then he got to see some snark. Which I'm sure he wasn't expecting to see. Nor should he have seen.

May I remind you all that we shouldn't be showing our true colors with the consumers that stop by. . .

I feel like this forum's mom. Knock it off! Sheesh.
Let's keep the snark away from the consumers.
Thank you.

How do we recognize the consumers? By the fact they ask brighter questions than the agents? :yes:

(Most) consumers are easy to spot. They usually have fewer than 5 posts and have joined in the last week or so.

We had someone earlier this week asking about lifetime reserve days (Medicare). He could have been a consumer, a spy (CMS) or an agent. The tone of his questions indicated he had some knowledge but then he went overboard worrying about something that would never happen.

Some agents gave responses that were incorrect, others on the mark. Which leads me to a pet peeve.

If you don't know, don't guess. And if you provide a response be prepared to document it.

The LTR poster then started a new thread, asking almost the same questions and baited new responses.

I still don't know if they were a shopper or legitimate consumer.

The AT&T Retiree thread has gained a fair amount of eyeballs from consumers. There is a lot of good information in there if you want to go through it. But some agents started asking about "How do I get paid?", "Which companies pay the most commission?", etc ............. something that (I feel) scared off some consumers.

This forum does attract a lot of people, consumers, regulators and carriers who are looking for solid information.

It is also trolled by attorney's looking for people to be deposed in lawsuits.

Back