Rebuttal to "I Have It from Work"

Re: Rebuttle to "I Have It from Work"

Looking for a rebuttle for a life cold call to , ". I have it through work"

That's great, I always recommend taking advantage of benefits available through work. Does your group term provide full coverage or does it leave you with a deductible?

easy and a no brainier....you leave your job you leave your life insurance....say you get cancer and not able to work anymore and lose your life insurance...then what.....or you change jobs and the new company does not have a group life plan...then what...and I am sure you do not even have enough coverage through your job to adequately take care of your family......

A life cold call? Really?

What they are really saying is I don't know you, haven't met you, don't know anyone that knows you, and wouldn't dream of buying anything from a cold call for life insurance.

Not sure there's any rebuttal for that.

What they are really saying is I don't know you, haven't met you, don't know anyone that knows you, and wouldn't dream of buying anything from a cold call for life insurance.

read above....then tell them you are a broker and work for them and not anyone insurance company and want to apply to be their life insurance broker....I do not get paid until I get you the lowest rate for your needs and health conditions....

read above....then tell them you are a broker and work for them and not anyone insurance company and want to apply to be their life insurance broker....I do not get paid until I get you the lowest rate for your needs and health conditions....
You're missing the point Scott.

"I have it at work" is a smokescreen. Doesn't matter if you're a "broker", or don't get paid until four years after you get them the lowest rate, they're not buying from a cold call.

That's great. If I may ask... how much coverage do you get from your job?

[some small amount - probably $50,000]

And if I may ask, how long would that money last your family?

[probably not very long]

And then what would they do?

How do you feel about that?

If I could help you get the insurance you need to protect your family, for the least amount out of your pocket, would it make sense to get together and talk about it?

You're missing the point Scott.

"I have it at work" is a smokescreen. Doesn't matter if you're a "broker", or don't get paid until four years after you get them the lowest rate, they're not buying from a cold call.

yes I know it is....you have to break through and build the need......and sell yourself....and also helps to find out if they have a life insurance broker they work with......
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
hahahaha.....my way you will have the rates in your email in ten min's with a link to a one page online application.....

If I could help you get the insurance you need to protect your family, for the least amount out of your pocket, would it make sense to get together and talk about it?

Last edited:

now if you are doing b to b you ask for a application..... fill it out with all your contact info and back ground...under refrences put the top three insurance company's....and under position you put life insurance broker....turn in and get a business card with the owners name on it if you are not handing it to the owner to call back and say hey....did you get my application....hell I might even try this if I have not gotten so lazy......hahahahaha

Back