Rebuttal to "I Have It from Work"

If I read it wrong I apologize, but it seems like he's calling new mortgages on the phone from a data list...
I know on the TGP forums the owner often suggested this technique without regards to the dnc (as long as you did it from a device that wasn't a company phone).

Re: Rebuttle to "I Have It from Work"

That's great. If I may ask... how much coverage do you get from your job?

[some small amount - probably $50,000]

And if I may ask, how long would that money last your family?

[probably not very long]

And then what would they do?

How do you feel about that?

If I could help you get the insurance you need to protect your family, for the least amount out of your pocket, would it make sense to get together and talk about it?

I would try, "Great! Most of my clients do. But many of them have found that it makes sense to own their own coverage and they get to keep it no matter where they work. Would you be open to seeing what's available out there for you and your family?"

From a previous sales job (not insurance), people would often say "I have something like that already..." so I'd ask them what they had. If they said they didn't know, I knew they were just trying to blow me off. I could them tell them why what I had was such a great benefit.

welllllll.............seeing I only work about a 100 mile radius around my home, I know almost every major employer's benefits.

I would go about this like...

"OK, so you have the group life thru your employer. I am very familar with benefits from most employers in OUR area. Who do you work for?"

factory xyz

"That is great! They offer some good benefits to work for them until you retire. I.E. your life insurance is 1.5 years of your average income while working for them but once you retire it drops down to 20k. Then once you turn 70 it drops down to 5k. If they change any of their benefits package before you retire this could change as well. Can you see how this may be a problem for you in the future??"

:swoon:

Back