Recent ad - real or not?

$6000-$12000 commish on 10 appointments? You're absolutely amazing!

you can run 8-10 appts a day i have done it many times when all i sold was med supps and final expense with ma's though it takes longer to explain and compare both the med supp and ma by the time i do that and then do all the paperwork 2 hours has flown by especially if i have an ma with a gtl and a final exp plan i think mary meant 6-12k on 10 sales not appts(of course i am not trying to speak for no one here)

no one wants to be just like me --- my family is broken!!!

right now i cant run 8 to 10 appointments a day -- but i used to!! because of all of these different surgeries i cant do what i used to -- but i will get back to it -- when we move to Ohio we are buying our home with cash --

from what i have told alot of people on here and who have emailed me -- its all about your personality and what you want out of life -- and also check out
www.thesecret.tv -- a friend of mine gave me the dvd when it first came out -- it really helps :)

i dont have a mentor --- i wish i would of -- i have learned from mistake after mistake -- but i have also learned alot from this board and the other insurance forum which is now gone...

i take a little from everyone i meet --- i had researched Senior Healthcare Consultants -- ( never worked for them -- cant do it in wyoming ) -- but did their sales training calls for 2 months -- and listened...... what are other agents doing out there> How do they do it> --- what i found out was -- every other agent is just like me -- we all put our pants on the same way
i just learn a little differently --
anyways..

for instance

you have a lead for a post 65yr old -- their birthday is march 25th -- first of all i sent them an early birthday card -- it goes out the same day i call them -- if they arent home -- i leave a message -- Hey this is Mary D. the part D lady here in Wyoming -- i see here that you have requested information on a medicare supplement -- when you get a chance would you please give me a call at xxxxx. done
i give them a day to call me -- then i call back at a different time --
once on the phone -- this is what i say

Hi George -- this is Mary Donaldson -- the part d lady here in cheyenne -- how are you today? ----
the reason for my call is -- i have a postcard here that you mailed in requesting information on a medicare supplement plan -- or part d ( whicheverone ) -- and they say well ( i didnt send that in, i already have information, or yes i did --- it varies ) and depending on the answer -
i didnt send that in ( well George if you didnt send it in and your birthday isnt here in a couple days i must have the wrong George then -- they laugh and say well yes that is me) next one -- i already have information -- i already signed up -- well George here is my question for you then -- how much are you paying for your medsup and did someone sit down with you face to face and answer all of your questions about medicare? -- then they say ( I signed up thru the mail with aarp for both and no noone has sat down with me ) -- then we go over rates -- i explain that with aarp plan f they are paying at least 40 to 50 dollars more than they should be -- i have the same plan for 79 dollars a month thru UTC -- and did aarp go over the medications with you specifically to find out if their plan is best for you -- and of course they said yes -- but they still signed up with it --- what i do George is take down your medications and put them thru the computer and we find out what plan is best -- i sit this printout side by side with aarp or whatever plan -- and compare -- and when i do sit down with them -- it is almost always higher with aarp -- okay then i take down their medications -- i have them spell them all out and whether or not they know if they are taking the generic version or not --
almost everytime they give you a medication - they just go by the name -- have them read it off of the bottle itself... its almost always different.
after this i ask if they have all of their final expenses taken care of and that i have a plan that i will show them that will get them between 5k and 10k of insurance for about 25 dollars a month. then i ask them if they have heard of the advantage plans -- either yes or no -- i tell them i will show them info again when i am there and that i have a supplement for that as well that pays $1000 for a 24 hour stay at the hospital. It pays on top of medicare and any medsup or advantage plans... its only about 25 dollars a month as well...
( from here i already know how much they pay currently for health insurance -- i know if they already have a quote from someone else -- most of the time they are paying out way too much -- i also ask about any iras that need rolling over... etc etc etc?

so at the end of the conversation i just let them know that i will be by at 2 oclock or whenever -- we need at least 45 minutes to an hour to take care of this --
and thats it

and wheni get there

we dig in :)
most customers already have their medicare card out -- their checkbook out and a list of questions for me -- we just go one by one...
a medsup or advantage plan ( whichever the customer prefers )
continental care plan
5k or 10 of the final expense
a part d plan
and if im real lucky an annuity appointment the next week...:)

oh dont forget to ask for referrals

remember to call your customers once a month to see if you can help do anything for them -- if they are in the hospital -- send flowers or a card
stop by and say HI -- i think that is the best advise i can give -- go see them and just sit down and visit -- all you are doing is talking to grandma and grandaddy --

and smile :)

Hopefully this helps someone

and yes when i said 10 appointments i didnt mean 10 sales -- i meant depending on if it was a couple or not ---if its a couple then its double it could be 14 to 16 sales... you just dont know -- but i always ask when i am on the phone -- how is your wife or how is your husband?
are they all set for their insurance? Most of the time it is no --
ask questions!!!!!! they might come back and say -- well my daugher lives with me and i know she doesnt have any life insurance --or whatever...
you have to be ready for anything..

ok -- jim is snoring -- and i am still at the hospital - i hope we can go home by saturday -- i have alot of work to do!
i have called alot of my customers from the hospital -- the thing about it is -- they relate to that -- brings so many more stories...

Mary, you gave me a chuckle. That is really good. But where on earth can you write up a whole life policy on a 65 yr old for only $25.00....for 5-10k coverage. I thought I had good rates, but this b eats all. I'm assuming they are non-smokers. Did you also buy additional leads, because I'm thinking of doing that even though the return is low. There are still many who will need this.

I use TransAmerica and they have about the best rates that I know of for the most part, yet for a 65 yr old male one is looking at $750-800 yearly plus depending upon rating and a female is about $650-700 yearly plus depending and that is base on 10 grand DB and standard rating. So if one is selling 5 grand I can see rates being around 30-40 dollars a month. Yet though this isn't guarantee issue but simplified issue, I see most rates higher then these.

So if one is selling a combo, MA, FE and Supplement (hospital pay) one can jack up those commissions. Yet I rarely find the senior who will sign up for everything, yet though I never really try, when I do I go for the MA or Medi Gap I offer FE policy, don't like messing with the PDP and the supplement thing is something I have not done, good idea though. Be like adding a Accidental Policy to a HSA and HDHP.

Mary, you gave me a chuckle. That is really good. But where on earth can you write up a whole life policy on a 65 yr old for only $25.00....for 5-10k coverage. I thought I had good rates, but this b eats all. I'm assuming they are non-smokers. Did you also buy additional leads, because I'm thinking of doing that even though the return is low. There are still many who will need this.

yes this is for non smokers and its thru baltimore life
for a male for a 5k policy its 30.15 a month for a 65 yr old
for a female for a 5k policy its 23.85 a month for a 65 yr old

call Pat S. at www.seniormarketsales.com and he can get you set up

overall my leads come from many places

pharmacies -- #1 -- yes they are your number one referral -- for all the people that have to get prescriptions and they are turning 65 -- they ask their pharmacist about medicare part d -- and when that happens here in cheyenne -- the pharmacist turns around and calls me -- or the customer calls me saying they just talked with their pharmacist...

referrals from your regular customers -- i always call my customers to say hi at least once a month -- i send them a card for the heck of it -- just to say Im thinking about them -- how ya doin.... God Bless -- call me if you need anything... -- send birthday cards..

i get leads from my fmo -- Medicare Supplement Insurance Services -- MSIS -- these are people that are turning 65 and need help

make a flyer introducing yourself to the community -- i have my flyer up on all of the bulletin boards in town, the ones in the grocery stores, senior centers -- anywhere you can pushpin one down...

You know this whole craigslist ad does not sit well with me.

I see the same basic ad over and over, and yet, about every other time there is a different name and #.

So, what gives? Rather then compensation of $100 per app, it reads $2000 a week plus.

Here is the latest...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/sls/291269891.html

That last line, "Medicare Advantage plans are free for the most part and truly help people out a lot." Free for the most part? Help people out a lot? I can see the training now...

Here is the summary of benefits, here are your leads, now go sell. If they ask you a question that you do not know the answer to, just repeat the question back to them, then ask them about their grandkids.

Back