Recruited to Sell MA to Folks with Medi-CAL???

SNP's can be wonderful for the clients. I wish we had a good one here. I would still be working that part of the MA market if there was a true SNP available.

Plus you get paid for enrolling and there is no downside. As Rick said, they have a continuous SEP, so if it's not working properly, they can get out of it.

You just have to know the plans, the providers and the market. Understanding that makes it a piece of cake.

Don't make it sound so attractive. I really don't need the competition.

Rick

Ok @sswipe,
Rick just confirmed what I said. You can apologize now.

I'm not seeing what you think I should apologize for. You said "He has said a few times its hard to find a reason for them switch." which is what I was responding to. There can be plenty of reasons for them to switch and he clearly pointed that out. I don't know what it is about most texans and this "ready, fire, aim" approach, but it's juvenile.

I've sold dual plans in CA very successfully for years and indeed it depends on the county. CA dropped dental and vision for adults on Medi-Cal almost 2 years ago and people panicked. In fact, I still get requests for people who don't know what to do about dental, vision, transportation, etc.

As an example, there is a plan in LA and OC that includes 10,000 of comprehensive dental at no cost for duals. If the prospect is already with a contracted medical group it becomes a win-win situation.

The good and the bad is a year 'round SEP. It is great I can enroll for 12 months, but it also means they can disenroll.

Contact me if you'd like to discuss the opportunity, or maybe even the lack of one.

Rick

Hey Rick,

Most of the Medi-Medi's I have met with have Cal-Optima. I have been told that the Medi-Cal office recommmends that they enroll in their plan, and one client even told me that they signed him up in the Medi-Cal office.

Have you heard about this? What do you think?

:1confused:

Hey Rick,

Most of the Medi-Medi's I have met with have Cal-Optima. I have been told that the Medi-Cal office recommmends that they enroll in their plan, and one client even told me that they signed him up in the Medi-Cal office.

I've never had this happen to me. I've sold duals from Tulare and south. Sucks when someone from Santa Barbara, Fresno, SLO, or Ventura need a plan and I can't help.

Rick

I have a hard time believing that you understand what you're talking about, or are even repeating Rick correctly.

It does depend by county, but generally the duals can get additional benefits at no cost to them and that is the incentive to switch.

The carrier or agency recruiting should be able to answer that question.

I appreciate the info. I wanted to get a little more of an understanding of the benefits before I spoke to the agency. Believe it or not there are actually people in the insurance business who will tell you things that aren't true! What is this world coming to...:no:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't make it sound so attractive. I really don't need the competition.

Rick

lol! Thanks for all of the info. I think my BS detector is now sufficiently charged up so I can have an educated conversation with the agency manager.

Thank you all for your insight.

Last edited:
Hey Rick,

Isn't Cal-Optima only for Orange Cty residents?

Tulare county, anyone know which carriers have the dual plans? How do we check carriers for plans if we know the county? thanks

Back