Registetred Nurse in WI with few questions.

It does not seem right that a mother should be reimbursed to care for their own child, special needs or not, especially not to the tune of hundreds of dollars per hour to be in their own home.

Sounds to me like she thinks the family should not be paid at all and her bills should not be reduced. I would not trade 1 day of the care I gave for any amount of money. If I could I would give any additional years that I have left on earth for more time with my FIL or parents. I don't regret changing bedsheets, cooking meals, dressing and redressing wounds or bodies. I gave our Live-in Sundays off without notifying her agency so she could attend church services and be with family.
Our healthcare system is out of control and it starts with physician and medical billing, not to mention pharmacies. A physician sticks his head into a hospital room to say Hi to a client and then bills for a consultation. A $10 Tylenol or $15 bandaid is beyond price gouging. One small accident and admittance to a hospital and there are bills from every agency within the hospital, and some for multiple times per day. She asked if she should be concerned about this case with the billing by the family. I say, Mind your own business and do your job which is caring for the individual, not peeking at someone else's billing practices

(holy ch**t)

Man...read it again. She's not the one submitting the bills, she's RN case worker observing the MOTHER submitting 35k/mth in bills. She even 'asks'---'SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?'

BoB responded correctly,...you did not.

AND YEAH...she was correct in asking about it. 35k/mth for 1 person to work on a case??? Lets see, if i were working 160hrs a mth, that would be bout $200/hr. A little steep for a home care taking case.

There's so much f***kn fraud going on that if there were 'no whisle blowers the problem would be 10x worse.

I know if i see fraud, i'm gonna report it. (I guess you wouldn't).

(for the love of Jesus...).

(Caveat, not an insurance agent.)

I agree with someone 100% on this issue.

I agree with someone too LD. :yes:

Actually, I think it's ridiculous that the mother can "milk" the system for taking care of her own child. She couldn't make $35,000 a month anywhere else as a RN. Why should she make more for taking care of her own child than she could make anywhere else? :huh:

If this is true, it's ridiculous. :realmad:

"hundreds per hour is probably hyperbole"

I don't know that mom's billing is unreasonable-don't know how many hours she is billing for. (And a billing rate doesn't mean a collected rate.)

365*24/12=730 hours per month.

$73,000 at $100, $146,000 at $200. Mom's getting half what she turns in for some portion of the months time. She's probably doing a lot of the weekends-which in manufacturing would be time and a half or double time. Mom has education, work experience, license and insurance for RN. She may, or may not, be giving up hefty income outside home to do this care.

(holy ch**t)

Man...read it again. She's not the one submitting the bills, she's RN case worker observing the MOTHER submitting 35k/mth in bills. She even 'asks'---'SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?'

BoB responded correctly,...you did not.

AND YEAH...she was correct in asking about it. 35k/mth for 1 person to work on a case??? Lets see, if i were working 160hrs a mth, that would be bout $200/hr. A little steep for a home care taking case.

There's so much f***kn fraud going on that if there were 'no whisle blowers the problem would be 10x worse.

I know if i see fraud, i'm gonna report it. (I guess you wouldn't).

(for the love of Jesus...).
A home health care aide costs over 250 per day for about 2 hours work and 6 hours of listening for a fall. When the RN visits for an assessment a household is billed over $200 for less than an hours work. Each time one of our caregivers needed a break we were sent a RN for an assessment before the new aide was moved in. I had aides steal from us, ask for tips, request a place setting at my Thanksgiving table, not show up, show up late but bill for full time. Had a nurse, an RN, send me out to the store to purchase a stethoscope and BP measuring device because she showed up with no instruments, not even a thermometer. We were advised by our tax attorney and CPA, as well as family attorney, that we could bill for the time where we were the care givers.......did not take a nickel. A medicare BED costs over $200 per day in addition to the care and billing of anyone who comes into the room each day. When I see fraud I certainly report it but I do not see anything wrong here except for a healthcare nurse complaining about being paid 50% of what she bills.

A home health care aide costs over 250 per day for about 2 hours work and 6 hours of listening for a fall. When the RN visits for an assessment a household is billed over $200 for less than an hours work. Each time one of our caregivers needed a break we were sent a RN for an assessment before the new aide was moved in. I had aides steal from us, ask for tips, request a place setting at my Thanksgiving table, not show up, show up late but bill for full time. Had a nurse, an RN, send me out to the store to purchase a stethoscope and BP measuring device because she showed up with no instruments, not even a thermometer. We were advised by our tax attorney and CPA, as well as family attorney, that we could bill for the time where we were the care givers.......did not take a nickel. A medicare BED costs over $200 per day in addition to the care and billing of anyone who comes into the room each day. When I see fraud I certainly report it but I do not see anything wrong here except for a healthcare nurse complaining about being paid 50% of what she bills.

I see your point.

1. Home health aides make about $15hr. So, you're saying the agency is billing MORE than allowed by Medicare? (medicare allows only $20hr for home health aide).

2. Lots of fat and fraud in this business. Medicare Fraud billing practices ran $52 billion in 2017.

3. you had a nurse show up without stethoscope and BP device? ok i believe it.

MY POINT; Too much fat being paid out in medicare home health costs. YES, its expensive and yes someone has to pay (taxpayers).

Amazing...!

Back