Release Letter

I am formerly with go health. I am attempting to get released and they are telling me that I have to wait 6 months.... Is there anything that anyone can recommend that I could do to expedite the process?

I am formerly with go health. I am attempting to get released and they are telling me that I have to wait 6 months.... Is there anything that anyone can recommend that I could do to expedite the process?

We have a guy that is onboarding right now that is in the same situation. They will not give him a release. He'll just have to use companies he's not appointed with through them and wait out his 6 months. You'll have to do the same I'm afraid.

I am in the same situation with the same company, I do not understand the reason to not grant an Immediate Release Letter. I resigned in good standing with GoHealth, I owed no money to them, I was already licensed and still had non - resident licenses across the U.S. Ironically, GoHealth was able to obtain an immediate release letter from Humana on my behalf from the previous employer. Humana provided GoHealth with the release letter earlier than the 6 month waiting period, so if they can obtain it, why are we, the Insurance Producers forced to wait 6 months ? I am currently unemployed after resigning from GoHealth because I had an extreme allergic reaction to an antibiotic and missed to many days of training, so I resigned. Now, I have the opportunity to work for Humana directly and since I will be selling Humana only, I do not have the ability to quote with other carriers. Are there no exceptions to this problem? If not, the I do not understand why its called an " Immediate" release letter. I honestly feel like GoHealth is purposely, maliciously and intentionally causing me to struggle. I would appreciate any suggestions to help me get that letter ASAP.

I am in the same situation with the same company, I do not understand the reason to not grant an Immediate Release Letter. I resigned in good standing with GoHealth, I owed no money to them, I was already licensed and still had non - resident licenses across the U.S. Ironically, GoHealth was able to obtain an immediate release letter from Humana on my behalf from the previous employer. Humana provided GoHealth with the release letter earlier than the 6 month waiting period, so if they can obtain it, why are we, the Insurance Producers forced to wait 6 months ? I am currently unemployed after resigning from GoHealth because I had an extreme allergic reaction to an antibiotic and missed to many days of training, so I resigned. Now, I have the opportunity to work for Humana directly and since I will be selling Humana only, I do not have the ability to quote with other carriers. Are there no exceptions to this problem? If not, the I do not understand why its called an " Immediate" release letter. I honestly feel like GoHealth is purposely, maliciously and intentionally causing me to struggle. I would appreciate any suggestions to help me get that letter ASAP.
It’s called an immediate release form (not letter) because if a company agrees to sign it you do not have to wait 6-months. You get released immediately.

Where agents make the mistake is in thinking that all companies will release. It’s only a very small few of us that do release. We are the exception. Out of all the hundreds and hundreds of IMOs out there probably 20 to 25 at most will release agents. That’s it. So be very, very careful where you sign up.

A 6-month wait is not a release. A 6-month wait is what you are forced to do when your Upline won’t release. Just make sure you speak to EACH company to see what they require for you to do. Some require just to not write biz for six months. Others require that you CANCEL your contract first and then sit out six months.

it never hurts to cancel any contract that you aren’t going to write anyway. You have less chance of getting screwed over by a devious Upline seeking revenge that way.

What could they do to you if you take the lazy route and fail to cancel while you sit it out? Things. They can do things. I’ve seen it all. But some jerks will think of new things that aren’t even invented yet. But they can term you for cause is a big one. They can also stick some unstable downline agent under you without your knowledge. If that agent writes a case your 6-month wait just started all over again. Plus the downline agent can roll debt to you.

Just term your contracts and then sit it out. You will be glad you did. And next time make sure you are going with an agency that releases.

They can also stick some unstable downline agent under you without your knowledge.

That can happen even if I never signed anything saying I would accept that agent's debt? How could any insurance carrier allow that to happen?

Are there any carriers you know of that won't ever release an agent from an upline, even if the agent doesn't write business for six months or even if that agent cancels his/her contract?

That can happen even if I never signed anything saying I would accept that agent's debt? How could any insurance carrier allow that to happen?

Are there any carriers you know of that won't ever release an agent from an upline, even if the agent doesn't write business for six months or even if that agent cancels his/her contract?

No. As long as he cancels and then sits it out. There are definitely some that don’t start the clock until you cancel though.

Newby how does that work with Medicare advantage IMO’s ? Let’s say my up line won’t release me . If I cancel my contracts with Humana can I still certify with Humana to keep my renewals while I wait the 6 months out ? If I lose my renewals on mapd my up line loses there’s so theres an incentive for them to make sure that doesn’t happen . That’s exactly why I’ve never had all my contracts with 1 IMO even though my IMO’s will release . I must keep diversified.A few yrs ago there was a well respected IMO that used to get on this board all rave about that wanted to screw me out of my overide commissions we had a deal on the side . I threatened to rat him out on here and he paid me .

Newby can you post a release form on here?Do we give this release form to the imo to sign before contracting with them?

This is a pretty standard release form. Dropbox - Blank Release Agreement.pdf - Simplify your life
If an IMO gives you a signed on upfront it can’t hurt you but don’t count on it. It could stop your release with a phone call. Plus it would be an indicator that he’s too green and stupid to work with. The releasing IMO needs to be the final signer not the first one. Until you have a new IMO signing to accept your debts the releasing IMO can’t sign off unless he’s crazy. But crazier things have happened.

Also be aware that many companies have their own specific release that will require.

Newby how does that work with Medicare advantage IMO’s ? Let’s say my up line won’t release me . If I cancel my contracts with Humana can I still certify with Humana to keep my renewals while I wait the 6 months out ? If I lose my renewals on mapd my up line loses there’s so theres an incentive for them to make sure that doesn’t happen . That’s exactly why I’ve never had all my contracts with 1 IMO even though my IMO’s will release . I must keep diversified.A few yrs ago there was a well respected IMO that used to get on this board all rave about that wanted to screw me out of my overide commissions we had a deal on the side . I threatened to rat him out on here and he paid me .
Yes your point is correct with Med Advantage. They are handled differently. I think Humana just requires the agent to sign an intent to transfer form and 6- months later is free to move.

Back