Release Letter

Thank you, all of that information was very helpful. I didn't realize any of this because it never was an issue before. Definitely a learning wake up call.

I am in the same situation with the same company, I do not understand the reason to not grant an Immediate Release Letter. I resigned in good standing with GoHealth, I owed no money to them, I was already licensed and still had non - resident licenses across the U.S. Ironically, GoHealth was able to obtain an immediate release letter from Humana on my behalf from the previous employer. Humana provided GoHealth with the release letter earlier than the 6 month waiting period, so if they can obtain it, why are we, the Insurance Producers forced to wait 6 months ? I am currently unemployed after resigning from GoHealth because I had an extreme allergic reaction to an antibiotic and missed to many days of training, so I resigned. Now, I have the opportunity to work for Humana directly and since I will be selling Humana only, I do not have the ability to quote with other carriers. Are there no exceptions to this problem? If not, the I do not understand why its called an " Immediate" release letter. I honestly feel like GoHealth is purposely, maliciously and intentionally causing me to struggle. I would appreciate any suggestions to help me get that letter ASAP.

Follow up on GoHealth:
I sent an email to the HR department after finding my signed "AGENT PRODUCER AGREEMENT" which states that "An agent may not , without written release from GoHealth, contract directly with a GoHealth Carrier. However, GoHealth will provide such a release to the agent so long as outstanding debts are paid and has not engaged in willful misconduct."
I attached a copy of my agent producer agreement stating that being a former employee of GoHealth, I am now directly contracted with a GoHealth Carrier. I have not been notified since my resignation of any debt I owe nor have engaged in willful misconduct. I would greatly appreciate my agent release letter with GoHealth for Humana be granted in a timely manner.

I am hoping that this works, if it doesn't, does anyone have any further recommendations?

I'm not familiar with your firm, but you might need to send it to "Licensing and Contracting" rather than HR.

Actually, I did do that first, they said they would be happy to give me a release letter, IN 6 MONTHS. They are the dept. that advised me to contact HR for any additional questions or concerns.

Back